AMG Bumper crack fix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Car
W208 CLK Convertible
I have a crack in my w208 clk55 AMG bumper. It's not currently on the car so I thought I may as well attempt a repair.

I am just wondering what compound is best to use. I don't actually know what these bumpers are made of.

While I'm at it i will also repair a crack in one of the side skirts

Any help?

Not too sure, but make sure you drill a small hole through the very start of the crack to stop it spreading even once it is filled.

you can get "bumper filler" stuff from HellFrauds. i used this in the past and it works well, as above, drill a hole at the end of any cracks to stop them spreading if any stress is put on the fix in the future.

try and re-inforce it from behind also if you can

I would of sanded it back and then plastic welded the crack together, then apply a skim of filler. This way there's no chance the filler or the crack will split again.

Polo dude is bang on.

Plastic weld it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MBClub UK

Thanks guys, with the price of a good plastic welder I might as well hand it to a bodyshop and get it back painted

Hi,
I have heard it said that plastic welding is,nt possible on this type of plastic as the edges just bubble and roll back on themselves, though I could just be perpetrating a myth, hope I,m wrong, good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom