AMG Caliper decals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
I am having my AMG brake calipers re painted and would like to know if the AMG logo on them is a decal or is painted on? In any case, anyone recommend where I can purchase a set of decent decals or the template to have the logo 'stenciled' on?

Just measure the height of the letters on the calipers & go to any sign printing shop.. Job done!

They will be able to suds out the letter design from all the programs they have if they ain't done it before.:thumb:

How hot do the calipers get. Perhaps need to be heat resistant.

It is black, didn't want to do red, just because that the 'norm'. Wanted something a little different, hence the yellow or orange, TBH was swaying towards the latter. Paint will be heat resistant, specifically for calipers, the decals are advertised as heat resistant, can also have them stenciled on.

I think the colour also depends on wheel design, specifically the number of spokes and how 'open' the wheels are. For fewer spokes a subtle colour is nice - blue? Bright red is good on multi spoke design - I don't like calipers to stand out more than the car/wheels but others may.

Speak to Rick at HighgateHouse Vehicle Graphics I spent a bit of time getting these just right, and they are curved rather than straight so look better on the 55 callipers, and are a perfect fit, they offer stencils or decals

To protect the new decals use a tin of high temperature gloss lacquer on top of them. Just mask off everything else first!

Orange calipers on a black car would look amazing......whichever colour you go for, please do share some pics with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom