AMG Center Caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Conrod121

Car
e63 AMG
Hi,

I made the mistake of buying center caps of eBay for the wheels on my e63. (75mm) They look sh1t.

Anyone recommend a reputable dealer or shop where I can source small genuine AMG parts such as these etc..

You can get in touch with Steve from MB Edinburgh thru eBay. He might be able to offer genuine parts at considerable discount

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi,

I made the mistake of buying center caps of eBay for the wheels on my e63. (75mm) They look sh1t.

Anyone recommend a reputable dealer or shop where I can source small genuine AMG parts such as these etc..

AFAIK what you're after doesn't exist in OE form. It's actually a good thing because those who wear fake AMG centre caps can be spotted easier.

:crazy::D

You can get in touch with Steve from MB Edinburgh thru eBay. He might be able to offer genuine parts at considerable discount

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Does Steve from Edinburgh have a Ebay username or can he be contacted through the forum?

Are you talking about Edition One caps or AMG logo ones?

The former is readily available as an aftermarket item, and [some] are pretty good reproductions, nearly perfect, in fact; the latter would have to be a genuine article, in my opinion:

Genuine Mercedes-Benz AMG AFFALTERBACH Set Of 4 Centre Caps A0004003100 New | eBay

I bought the AMG centre caps in June 2014 and they look as good today as when I put them on. £130 for OEM is crazy. Mine cost £19:rock:
21523711338_92ab88aa81_k.jpg
[/url]2014-06-14 10.20.2[/IMG]

2014-06-14 17.57.45 [/IMG]

Last edited:
AMGeed, where did you get them from at that price ?

I'm with you on this - as my car is not an AMG, I have the Edition One set on it, as it's just a Mercedes star, and am very pleased with the quality. Goes perfectly well with the calipers (as long as I specify 'ember red' (or bright/flaming red - Chinese are creative with their descriptions).

I replaced the mercedes star centre caps with a set from Ebay... Rubbishhhhhh.. Ended up putting the originals back on which snapped back into place easily.... The Ebays ones all broke...:doh:

I replaced the mercedes star centre caps with a set from Ebay... Rubbishhhhhh.. Ended up putting the originals back on which snapped back into place easily.... The Ebays ones all broke...:doh:

Somebody else had that problem too. I would concede there are varying qualities out there. But OEM don't last any longer, and then the price:eek:

Somebody else had that problem too. I would concede there are varying qualities out there. But OEM don't last any longer, and then the price:eek:

I bought these to replace the original star ones that had corroded.

One did snap when I tried to fit it but a quick e-mail to the seller and another was swiftly dispatched.

As said above, £20 posted is a big difference to £130. Sure they are copies (ignore the MB sticker, for this price they must be fake) but comparing one with my original Merc centre cap, I really can't tell the difference.

I have heard that spraying with clear lacquer can improve longevity, but I just clean mine regularly and they look good to me.

Have about 6-7 different sets across the cars.

At £10-20/set, can experiment with which suit which car/wheel.

Prefer the ones with the plastic lugs, as opposed to, the spring wire type (fickle).

Also, it is worth superglueing the 2 piece ones before fitting, as the top can become detached.

Some of the EBay stuff is surprisingly good.

Not so good with pictures or would post examples.

Mine were from Japan and no longer available, but these are the same and even cheaper. They are all over eBay and Aliexpress.

Id rather have 10 sets of these and keep replacing than go OEM. The real ones are not that good IMO.

Just one of many suppliers.

MERCEDES AMG COLOURED AFFALTERBACH EMBLEM ALLOY WHEELS CENTER HUB CAPS 75mm | eBay

Thanks, just purchased the black & grey colored off this seller on Ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom