AMG detailing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baracuda

Car
Clk 320 cdi
Hi guys what do mb owners think about detailing your car as an AMG when it clearly hasn't got an AMG engine but as all the styling ie: AMG wheels, AMG body styling, AMG interior floor mats, and even advertised as an AMG in adds, so is it wrong to stick an AMG badge on the bonnet and boot.
It looks good so be gentle lol

Like having a fake Omega. It’s not real but only those who have an interest or know will be aware.

It’s your car though, whatever floats your boat [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

It’s a bit gay though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A bit harsh from someone driving a girls car

Porsche-Jacket-Pants-Hat-Belt-Bag-Worn-by-Matt-LeBlanc-Joey-Tribbiani-in-Friends-Season-6-Episode-5-4.jpg

Mercedes are as much to blame though - the AMG brand has now been diluted to the same level as BMW "M-Sport".

1) What bigcharpchaser said!
2) Ask yourself "Is it an AMG".
3) You could end up having a picture posted on a derogatory thread (read as --pointing at your car and laughing) .......(on the other forum IIRC)
4) Where on the bonnet are you sticking the badge....pics please!:)

However, you won't be alone as there are a few on the forums that are quite defensive about it being a free world (presumably because they have stuck "upgrade" badges on their cars).

Its your car, do whatever you want with it. Personally I wouldn't but that is my choice.
My w204 came with amg branded wheels and floor mats, I love the wheels but could live without the mats. I love the wheels because of the design not because they have amg on them.
As I have said it's your choice, I see lots of non amg cars with the badges on the back, they are not fooling anyone but I don't think that's the point.

My car comes with AMG stamped wheels from stock buts it's no AMG. I wouldn't put an AMG badge on mine. Hey its your car though, you can put what ever badge you want on it.

In the olden days (when I was young) we'd do everything to replicate Cooper, Lotus, Alconi, Schnitzer, AMG, etc. But we never "fake badged" our cars (it would have been too obvious in my heap). My current car has all sorts of AMG bits (none really performance related) and there is nothing wrong with having better looking / sporty alloys etc but .....I'd never stick an AMG badge on mine (which is marketed as an "AMG line").

If you want to fool most people who do not know or care. Go for it.

In theory it sounds a good idea.
But in practice you might look a bit of a prat if you pull up at a set of traffic lights trying to impress a chick with your ‘AMG’ and some spotty faced kid pulls up in his Vauxhall Nova type vehicle and smokes you when the lights change to green. :confused:

If it has some factory AMG bits and the odd badge fine.

Up-badging a car is a bit pants though and I wouldn’t. I think a non-AMG can benefit from de-badging and looking nice and clean. Also if it is a higher end model, it’ll leave people wondering without trying too hard.

If it has some factory AMG bits and the odd badge fine.

Up-badging a car is a bit pants though and I wouldn’t. I think a non-AMG can benefit from de-badging and looking nice and clean. Also if it is a higher end model, it’ll leave people wondering without trying too hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom