AMG Driving Academy Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Walt

Car
C63S
My dealer mentioned this might happen when I picked up the C63 last week, but he has just confirmed that anybody who has bought an AMG car since 1 March 2015 (and all new purchases) will be invited to attend a 2.5 hr AMG driving training session down at Brooklands. Not sure how that differs to the 'Power and Passion' event you get with the Driver's Package, but seems to be focused on handling. Emails coming out next week apparently.

Nice little freebie by the sound of it :bannana:

Yep I heard this too last week.

Even better is that apparently GT buyers might get to do it at Silverstone :)

Driving Academy Chris, not Cleaning Academy - don't get too excited...

Dear Colleagues

Further to a recent announcement during Global Training in Portugal, we are delighted to announce details of the new Mercedes-AMG Driver Training which will be offered complimentary to all customers who purchase a new Mercedes-AMG model.

The focus is very much around product training, with a key objective to equip our AMG drivers with the skills to best handle their vehicles, and the confidence to make them Brand advocates.

All owners/registered keepers of newly-registered AMG pure models will be eligible, this will include both Retail customers and those who have purchased via a third party, such as a Leasing Company. The training will be offered retrospectively to customers who purchased a vehicle from 1 March 2015, and will continue until further notice.

The Training will consist of one-to-one tuition with approximately 2.5 hours behind the wheel, and will include the following exercises:

• Slalom handling (Dynamic Straight)
  • Obstacle avoidance (Wet Straight and Dynamic Straight)
  • Oversteer and understeer (Wet Skid Circle)
  • Cornering (Handling Circuit)

Customers may book morning or afternoon sessions from Monday to Friday, and will be driving a selection of models which closest match their own.

An email invitation will be sent week commencing 27 July giving customers a telephone hotline number and email address via which they can book their session.

Details of the Driver Training will be featured in printed literature, such as Price Lists, from September. Further updates on planned marketing activity will feature in our eNewsletters in the coming weeks.

Hmmmm, why haven't I been offered this then? I bought a brand spanking new E63 in May.

Can't wait for this! Weird thing is I was only thinking yesterday that I should buy an hours training at Brooklands now that I've got my E. Gotta love a freebie :D

I will happily accept this kind offer - and I'm close to Brooklands as well.

I live close too. I had one to one tuition at Dunsfold a few years ago in my vx220 by the guys from Plans motorsport, very worthwhile. I look forward to the email.

Just re-reading the top posts - is this to all AMG purchases or just new cars? Hopes may be dashed...

Great to hear they've re-instated the driver training with new car purchases. You used to get a full day, half on track (with a racing driver /instructor) and half on the road (with a police driver /instructor) and it was fantastic. I never tired of them :thumb:

Last edited:
I believe it's just new

Anyone had an email about this yet??? Is it still due to happen?

Anyone had an email about this yet??? Is it still due to happen?

Not heard anything yet. I think the communication is coming directly from MB - maybe they've been too busy with the AMG Performance Tour to get their backsides into gear. It was meant to come out last week...

The emails will go out over a number of weeks, so hang on people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom