AMG Driving Academy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benjy

Car
Audi R8 V10 5.2
Hi Guys

When I bought my C63 one of the options I had was the Drivers Package which derestricts the top speed from 155 mph to a claimed 174 mph, but the other part of this option is a free voucher for the AMG Driving Academy in Germany to learn about the increased speed of your car and to be able to see what top speed your car produces on a safe testing track that either being Hockenheim race circuit or the Nurburgring. Well I received my free voucher for the Basic Training Power & Passion course which runs for 2 days yesterday and have been chasing my dealer for the past several weeks as I was suppose to have received this after a couple of days of receiving the car back in November.

Have any of you guys done this and know what to expect, I thought it was just a freebie day they gave you down at MB World but didn't realise that this is for you to drive over to Germany and give your AMG a damn good thrashing and learn about how to handle the car and learn about all the safety aspects of the car. Do you recommend it and thought it was a good couple of days and what should I expect?

Cheers:thumb:

makes the cost of the Drivers Package seem so much more reasonable :)

Yeah, I always just presumed it was a day at MB World which made it look expensive.

I would kick off seeing as there has been a long delay, you've paid for it, handsomely...

S

Hi Guys

When I bought my C63 one of the options I had was the Drivers Package which derestricts the top speed from 155 mph to a claimed 174 mph, but the other part of this option is a free voucher for the AMG Driving Academy in Germany to learn about the increased speed of your car and to be able to see what top speed your car produces on a safe testing track that either being Hockenheim race circuit or the Nurburgring. Well I received my free voucher for the Basic Training Power & Passion course which runs for 2 days yesterday and have been chasing my dealer for the past several weeks as I was suppose to have received this after a couple of days of receiving the car back in November.

Have any of you guys done this and know what to expect, I thought it was just a freebie day they gave you down at MB World but didn't realise that this is for you to drive over to Germany and give your AMG a damn good thrashing and learn about how to handle the car and learn about all the safety aspects of the car. Do you recommend it and thought it was a good couple of days and what should I expect?

Cheers:thumb:

Hello mate,

How's things?:thumb:

Only 3 days left until I pick my C63 up. Am going a bit crazy.

I also ordered mine with the drivers' package. We should totally go on the same course - you can even stop over at my place on your way from the UK if there's no accommodation thrown in. We can take our black "gleammachined" monsters over there and learn how to use them properly.:bannana:

Totally go for it - why not?:D

Hello mate,

How's things?:thumb:

Only 3 days left until I pick my C63 up. Am going a bit crazy.

I also ordered mine with the drivers' package. We should totally go on the same course - you can even stop over at my place on your way from the UK if there's no accommodation thrown in. We can take our black "gleammachined" monsters over there and learn how to use them properly.:bannana:

Totally go for it - why not?:D

Heyyy.....3 days to go, oh mate I know that feeling well climbing the walls until the big day.

That sounds like a plan to me Ben, why don't we talk about that when you are over for Rob and discuss a good couple of days we are both free. I was thinking about anytime at the end of July as I have my two weeks off then and the weather should be good.

Yes they send through a book that details all the courses and AMG days in Germany which sound fantastic but cost a fortune. They pay for all your meals and drink out there and put you up in a fancy hotel.

Heyyy.....3 days to go, oh mate I know that feeling well climbing the walls until the big day.

2 days now. Feel like I'm in a bit of bit of a time warp - it's going so slowly! Shouldn't wish my life away I suppose:dk:

That sounds like a plan to me Ben, why don't we talk about that when you are over for Rob and discuss a good couple of days we are both free. I was thinking about anytime at the end of July as I have my two weeks off then and the weather should be good.

Suits me down to the ground mate. I start 6 months full-time parental leave on 7th July:bannana::thumb::D

Before the days of MB World, when you bought an AMG you got a free day driver training at MIRA in Warwickshire. That was in a different league to the MB World events.

I suspect the MIRA events were similar to what you'll be getting in Germany.

2 days now. Feel like I'm in a bit of bit of a time warp - it's going so slowly! Shouldn't wish my life away I suppose:dk:

Suits me down to the ground mate. I start 6 months full-time parental leave on 7th July:bannana::thumb::D

Mate I spoke to AMG in Germany today and have booked my days in July which they have the 27th & 28th for this month which is perfect.....I asked about my pal who gets his car in a couple of days (I wonder who that can be :D) and said that would it be a problem that when you get your voucher if you could get the same days if this is a busy time. He said that there wouldn't be any problems and that when you receive your voucher you can call them and reserve the days or fill in the registration form and send to them. The other days they had for this year up until the summer Ben were either the 1st & 2nd May or the 2nd & 3rd of May.

Now this is impressive - I never knew the drivers package was a course in Germany! I'll have to spec that next time for definite then ;)

Now this is impressive - I never knew the drivers package was a course in Germany! I'll have to spec that next time for definite then ;)

Mate I didn't know until I got the book and details through on Saturday, I thought it was a MB world half day experience. I had a read about it today, the one you get is the Basic Training Power and Passion experience whereby you have a professional racing driver as your instructor and a choice of tracks either Hockenheim, Baden, or the Ring depending on the days you choose and you have a two day trek the last being a full day of learning how to max your car out in a safe and proper environment. You have got to do this when you get your next AMG Palmball. I didn't realise just how good this is.

Take a look at this: Mercedes-AMG Driving Academy

Mate I spoke to AMG in Germany today and have booked my days in July which they have the 27th & 28th for this month which is perfect.....I asked about my pal who gets his car in a couple of days (I wonder who that can be :D) and said that would it be a problem that when you get your voucher if you could get the same days if this is a busy time. He said that there wouldn't be any problems and that when you receive your voucher you can call them and reserve the days or fill in the registration form and send to them. The other days they had for this year up until the summer Ben were either the 1st & 2nd May or the 2nd & 3rd of May.

Apparently there's a tentative plan afoot to visit the in-laws (N Ireland) at the end of July.:crazy:

Do the May dates not suit?:dk:

Hi mate, oh what a shame, no unfortunately I'm working those days in May and won't be able to take time out as I'm having the bank holiday for the Goodwood day. Not to worry!

I wonder if this is the same location I attended a few years back ? - Was in Stuttgart and the location was a few kms from the factory - basically an old airfield with all different styles of road surface laid down plus race straights etc.

Basicall get you to try all the different surfaces, bends, how to drive safe using speed etc + they taught us to 'J' turn in an E320 Est. We had the Merc tech guys ( all have Dr. titles ) give us seminars on the technology etc. > They really push the cars and limits - One of our group had to go off the course and came back with a neck brace because of the ways the cars are thrown around so much...

This was over 3 days and prob one of the best experiences with cars I've had to the point what they taught, i've not forgot. - For 30 of us it cost £120k so not your everyday course.

Absolute brilliant and I suspect this is a similar training method - I bet you can't wait for it - will be good to hear how you got on.

Last edited:
Yeah sounds like a very similar thing and just by reading about yours there Billy it does sound brilliant. This one we are doing is a 2 day course but is at Nurburgring where the 1st day is more theory than practical but the 2nd day is full driving with a race driving instructor. All the meals and hotel for the night are chucked in. It does sound very similar to the one you went on. I will definitely do a write up once I've been and let you know how it goes, plus with a few photos chucked in for good measure.

Hi mate, oh what a shame, no unfortunately I'm working those days in May and won't be able to take time out as I'm having the bank holiday for the Goodwood day. Not to worry!

I'll monitor the situation with the missus, and see what can be done...

Oh mate it would be brilliant if you could do the same time. Let me no how you get on I've sold it to my missus that she's getting a freebie few days holiday in Germany. She just said hope it's got a nice pool. Spoilt brat LOL

Thx Benjy, It will be a few days in your life you will never forget - It is really that good.

Mine was in 06' I suspect they have changed it a bit - heres a link to a thread I did with pics of the cars/ course etc - they even laid on pro photographers to capture the day

I'm still jealous your doing it, ha would love to do it again

:O)

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/103811-mercedes-driving-experience-pic-hungry.html

Cheers Billy I'll take a look at this a bit later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom