AMG Driving Academy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aibonator

Car
C63S Saloon
Just booked the complimentary 3hr AMG basic driving experience at Mercedes Benz World. Be there at 12:30 on the 23rd if anyone else going is going.

Enjoy it's a great day, just hope the weather's good for you!!

What are you driving?

RR

I have a C63s and they confirmed they had one. Will post some pics.

I'd say you'll get far more out of the day if its wet.
Was raining for most of my time there. I drove an A45, C63 & E63

I'd say you'll get far more out of the day if its wet.
Was raining for most of my time there. I drove an A45, C63 & E63

Each to their own as they say, but I enjoyed getting up to 75-80% of the cars limit on the handling track, the wet circle gives you practice at getting out of junctions and the like albeit at slow speeds....

RR

Had a great half day at the AMG Driving Academy yesterday. Only two of us there, myself and Team GB road race cyclist Alex Dorsett in his C63s Coupe Edition 1. Actually felt sick at the end of it though, body can't take the stress of lap after lap on the North Circuit.

This car is scary fast, but amazing how well it sticks and what you really have to do (and what safety aids you have to turn off) to get it out of shape. A real confidence booster for an AMG virgin like myself.

Where are the Academy's based? I've yet to book mine, got a lot on before the years out and we'll need an overnight I think if it's darn sarf.....

Yeah it's def darn sarf for those of us up north getting ready for winter. It took me 4.5 hours from Nottingham to get there for 12:30. Its M25 between Heathrow and Gatwick. Gives you plenty of time in the car to figure out how to sweet talk your COMMAND lady via voice to get her in side.

I almost didn't go because of the distance but it was well worth it.

It's Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands circuit.

Did mine there Monday and after 2 hours had to end it, felt very sick.
Does show how good TC and ABS is on these cars. SL63.

Did mine there Monday and after 2 hours had to end it, felt very sick.
Does show how good TC and ABS is on these cars. SL63.

Glad it wasn't just me. For 30mins on the drive home I thought I needed to pull over for some fresh air. Felt like I had a hangover.

Glad it wasn't just me. For 30mins on the drive home I thought I needed to pull over for some fresh air. Felt like I had a hangover.

Come on lads, I drove back home to Darlington 250 miles after the full three and a bit hours in the car.

Mind the C63 saloon is a real mile muncher as well as a performance car!!

RR

Can these days be purchased by anyone or are they just for new car purchases.?

Assume this is not available to C43 AMG owners or am I stirring up a storm asking this question????

Yeah it's def darn sarf for those of us up north getting ready for winter. It took me 4.5 hours from Nottingham to get there for 12:30. Its M25 between Heathrow and Gatwick. Gives you plenty of time in the car to figure out how to sweet talk your COMMAND lady via voice to get her in side.

I almost didn't go because of the distance but it was well worth it.

It's Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands circuit.
Thanks
My brother lives East London way, I'll try to do a Friday, take wifey and make a weekend of it after Christmas...

Yes it is, I have mine booked for April.

Don't take a old c63 around the track otherwise you'll find out how big mistake you have done by buying that mercedes with a stuck on amg badge in it...

No offence meant. I had no idea the person slating my personal choice of car wasn't English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom