AMG Driving Academy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No offence meant. I had no idea the person slating my personal choice of car wasn't English.

I suis português !;-)
No slagging of meant just telling you a fact .

No problem,
What do you think of the C43 to drive then??

I'm not a fan of awd but I'm sure it is a nice car to drive , I got nothing against it just can't accept the fact they call it amg , to be a AMG need to have the heart tuned by themselves, be barking mad and don't care if it goes round the corner better than the others .
AMG always meant muscle car .

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of awd but I'm sure it is a nice car to drive , I got nothing against it just can't accept the fact they call it amg , to be a AMG need to have the heart tuned by themselves, be barking mad and don't care if it goes round the corner better than the others .
AMG always meant muscle car .

43 AMG has more power than some AMG engines just a few years ago. I think it deserves its place in the AMG lineup. Besides, not everyone wants or can handle the power of the V8 - the fact that some people can afford to buy it automatically doesn't mean they know how to drive it (I don't).

43 AMG has more power than some AMG engines just a few years ago. I think it deserves its place in the AMG lineup. Besides, not everyone wants or can handle the power of the V8 - the fact that some people can afford to buy it automatically doesn't mean they know how to drive it (I don't).

Less power than a 2l amg powered A45 nuff said...

I think the correct wording would be the V6TT fills in the gap between the A45 and C63 for the C-Class since the 45 AMG engine is only available for smaller Mercs. This engine makes perfect sense. Whether it should be called an 'AMG' which I understand you're disputing is down to Mercedes to decide.

A lot of guys see people like Clarkson and other presenters/reporters on TV with the 4rse end out on a track and think 'WOW', I can do that. NO you can't, not on the road in real world daily driving conditions.

Some people don't like RWD (me), some don't like AWD, some don't like hatchbacks. It's their opinion and they are entitled to it, as are you.

If I was 25 I may go for the A45, If I lived in all year round warm weather then I may go C63 (or if I had a 2nd car) but for the UK roads and it's temperamental weather the C43 is a great car and point to point probably no slower than the others. I test drove all three for around 90 minutes each and had the choice to buy all three. I chose the C43 as it's the best car for me and my family and I also entertain clients so I have to be careful what I turn up to meetings in.

I've owned Quattro's from 2000 to 2112 and my first RWD experience was an E92 M3 which I owned for 4 years. Great car but in weather like this morning (-5) it's far from ideal. I couldn't wait to get back in an AWD but didn't fancy going to Audi again so I thought I'd give MB a go.

So far, no regrets (750 miles in) and can't wait to open it up in a week or so and see what it can do.

Times they are a changing and mine was definitely AMG badged the last time I looked :thumb:

No mate, I'm there on April 13th. Did you have yours?

Yes mate went yesterday. Quality day.. I had a lad called Paul Rees. If you have instagram look him up paulreesracing. It's safe to say he knew what he was doing. Wicked day...

Yes mate went yesterday. Quality day.. I had a lad called Paul Rees. If you have instagram look him up paulreesracing. It's safe to say he knew what he was doing. Wicked day...

I was also there yesterday. I'm guessing you were in the morning as I was the only one in the afternoon on the "Basic Training"...

What did you guys drive? Was there a choice or did you have the same car for the whole session?

I drove a C63S saloon. I have a coupe but it wasn't available. Had a great day and learned a few things about the car I didn't know about.

I went yesterday for my complimentary training. Great instructor and I spent the 3 hours in a C63S Coupe. I have done this before when I had my S saloon and I liked it then but it was even better this time - what a fantastic brand exercise for MB - I don't believe you get that experience with a new BMW.

Loved it

I actually have two coupons for the power and passion events as I had the AMG Drivers Package on my last 2 cars - just awaiting for the new dates to be published.

Dunc

Sheer muppetry on my part no doubt but hunting around the AMG Academy site takes me to broken links and non existent online forms - anyone have a telephone number for them so I can book?

Also - its not entirely clear to me whether I can take my own car (C63S Wagon) - that would be my preference.

Are you referring to the complimentary session at Brooklands as a new AMG owner or do you have the AMG Drivers Package on your car?

If the former, you cannot use your own car - call MB Brooklands and they will put you through to the right people, although they should have called you already.

If the latter, yes you can use your own car and dates for 2017 should be published soon here:

AMG Driving Academy

Hi Dunc, loving the car and will look out for you when I'm in your neck of the woods. Just a quickie, what was the circuit like at Brooklands? I have the complimentary day booked for next month in the C63 and wondered what the day was like.

Cheers

It's great - the circuit is a handling circuit so short and very twisty but it is definitely fun and you and the car get a real workout. I loved it - circuit stood out as a highlight plus the wet circle for some oversteer fun, is a good laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom