AMG Driving Experiences

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRight

Car
S205 C63s Estate + w211 e63 +smart 44 brabus sport
All
if booked prior to 30 Sept, using a code CUSTOMERTHANKYOU will entitle you to 20% discount on the basic experience (note, no discount on the video recording or other add ons) . you have to call rather than book on the web. I'm doing at least 1 hour in a new c63 wagon to enjoy as much drifting as I can . it is a huge amount of fun and also what impresses me the most is how well these cars handle on a track and also without traction control!

I tried this for the C63 1 hour experience and the code isn't valid

did you call them or try the website ? I think you have to call them. try 0370 400 4000
you may have to make out that you've been on a prior experience with them if they ask and say it was a gift.
I tried this for the C63 1 hour experience and the code isn't valid

did you call them or try the website ? I think you have to call them. try 0370 400 4000
you may have to make out that you've been on a prior experience with them if they ask and say it was a gift.
I tried to input the code online. Will try to call them thanks mate

Annoyingly, my son got the AMG experience with his new AMG and is not interested in doing it and even worse, it is not transferable!

Annoyingly, my son got the AMG experience with his new AMG and is not interested in doing it and even worse, it is not transferable!
he gets 2 hours or even longer if he ticked the drivers package. tell him it is worth gbp500 , maybe that will add some motivation. which AMG did he get?

My son did the AMG experience free on Thursday at the conclusion of a conference at MB World. He claims to have set the record for the number of laps in 30 minutes - the fewest!

he gets 2 hours or even longer if he ticked the drivers package. tell him it is worth gbp500 , maybe that will add some motivation. which AMG did he get?
E53 Coupe

Did the owners experience at brooklands a couple of weeks ago with Jack my trainer. What a day! Recommend it thoroughly and really got the bug to get to the track (for me by far the most satisfying bit)

Will certainly go back for more, just a shame i cant justify the cost so soon :-(

All
if booked prior to 30 Sept, using a code CUSTOMERTHANKYOU will entitle you to 20% discount on the basic experience (note, no discount on the video recording or other add ons) . you have to call rather than book on the web. I'm doing at least 1 hour in a new c63 wagon to enjoy as much drifting as I can . it is a huge amount of fun and also what impresses me the most is how well these cars handle on a track and also without traction control!
Is this the Brooklands AMG experience.

They forbid turning off traction control, not even the instructors are are allowed to turn it off I was told.
Might depend on who you get as the instructor though to be fair, I got a guy who really kept the whole thing quite restrained.

They forbid turning off traction control, not even the instructors are are allowed to turn it off I was told.
Might depend on who you get as the instructor though to be fair, I got a guy who really kept the whole thing quite restrained.
yes brooklands indeed.

Ahh I see, there may be a discretionary element to it. my instructor , knowing I'm an MB world nut was pretty flexible and accommodating. having had prior courses and lots of miles in a 63, his first comments were "excellent throttle inputs" and ”99 perfect of folks dont manage to drift like that " and so we didn't really bother to turn on ESP except on the really small handling course where we used home made race mode (sport plus and sport handling mode). I asked him to finish off our session with a hot lap and his skill was immense . he was exceptional on the handling course, I dont think I can drive anywhere near as quick as him. I'm not going on the course for around 7 weeks so I'll see what the instructor will do with esp on the handling course next time.

Mine was constantly showing me the difference in modes so I could see exactly how the car was going to behave on the road without getting into trouble. I had the ESP and traction control off/on one of the 9 stages for a fair bit of training. Launched the car so many times, I did quite a few laps on the bigger track too, the car really got a workout. I had Russell as my instructor and his knowledge was spot on, very easy going and welcomed any questions I had. I've started looking at what track day options there are near me (preferably for a complete novice).

I spent the majority of my time on the bigger track and it was quite wet to begin with, so i guess that might have played a part.
On the drift track I was able to manage 3 revolutions of the circle before running out of talent, so I think I managed OK.

I spent the majority of my time on the bigger track and it was quite wet to begin with, so i guess that might have played a part.
On the drift track I was able to manage 3 revolutions of the circle before running out of talent, so I think I managed OK.

That's a good point, it was bone dry and hot when I did mine. I'm glad we had aircon in the car :D

Sorry for posting this in the wrong place, I see you've been after a S205 C63S for a while. I might be able to help but I'm a newbie so I can't PM or reply to Classifieds.

I did the experience there twice and was very enjoyable actually. Also surprised by the cars capabilities! Can't remember whether they turned the ESP off or not for the track part but definitely was fun on the 'circle'

Saw your post in classifieds. My C63 estate will be for sale soon unfortunately. Please contact me if you were like to discuss. Sorry for going off topic but couldn't send a private message :/

Saw your post in classifieds. My C63 estate will be for sale soon unfortunately. Please contact me if you were like to discuss. Sorry for going off topic but couldn't send a private message :/

I've just updated my post in the wanted section with my email address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom