AMG E55 Oil Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveE320CDI

Car
2016 BMW 640D Convertible
Coming up for a oil change on the car and thought check the correct grade after when first getting the car using Mobil 1 0w40, Now when i have checked my service book the last five oil changes all at mercedes main dealers have used either 5w40 or one used 5w30? After seaking to my pal in mercedes York parts department he assures me that the only oil they use is 5w40 petrol spec 229.5, no 0w40 anymore
and that includes all the Amgs! so have ordered this 20 L Genuine Mercedes-Benz 5W40 Fully Synthetic Petrol Engine Oil 229.5 NEW | eBay
absolute bargain get in there!

I did similar, and tbh the car seems so much quieter on 5w40, im sure others will disagree lol.

Well the thing is Gav whether they disagree or not they are not going to get 0w40 oil in there Amgs from the main dealers like it or not:)

Interestingly my car also had 5w40 recorded as being used at Mercedes in the past, The when i got it i changed 0w40 Mobil and noticed engine noise had increased, it was then when i changed back to 5w40 and all has been well.

Costco sells Mobil 1 0W40. 5L for £25 I believe.

@merc85 What kind of noise? Tappets?

5-40w all the way, there is just no need for 0-40W plus as gav has said you'l get some clatter from chains etc . The super charger is not affected it has its own Jet oil so whats the point ?

I always used to supply my own oil to the dealers, nothing wrong with the MB 5-40 stuff either

As above, mine has been getting Mercedes own 5w/40 for the last 3 services and Petronas 5w/40 before that.
My indy reckons the 5w/40 is better for AMG's with higher mileage:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom