AMG E63 - Aggressive looking front end.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charliecloud

Car
AMG E63 S212
All subjective of course - Mrs C thinks my old UR Quattro had an 'aggressive' front, she said this S212 has a very 'shark' like front, particularly the way the headlights look.
I agree with her thoughts, the front does look very 'shark' like.
Any other AMG models that have that slightly aggressive front end?

IMG_20220626_202552_resized_20220626_082828801.jpeg

I think the PFL version with its angular double headlights was just as, if not more, aggressive. Threads like these will always be a matter of opinion though.....YMMV!!!

1656332901460.png

I think the PFL version with its angular double headlights was just as, if not more, aggressive. Threads like these will always be a matter of opinion though.....YMMV!!!

View attachment 129047
I have to say I'm with ALFA on this one; I prefer the previous generation front ends generally. I'm not a great fan of the current crop of big front grilles. Although MB are by no means the worst; I'm looking at you, Bayerische Motoren Werke AG.

Heres my shark with the gills on the sides along with the mighty M156 😁 View attachment 129075
I do like the facelift W211 AMG front end. All it needs to be perfect is a pre-facelift engine under the bonnet... ;)

Mine has a slightly more aggressive front-end too, thanks to the much larger grille than the previous two generations. My wife refuses to drive it because she thinks it’s too aggressive looking.

Mrs D actually calls it the “Cayman” because it has a big mouth full of teeth (the grille), higher set eyes than an alligator (the headlamps) and it looks like it’s a really, really, really nasty little 5h17.

It does look aggressive but I don’t think it looks so much like a Cayman, but more like a Black Mamba which has a wide slender mouth (lower grille) and and a very smooth head with flat sides.

Even though we can’t agree whether it looks like a Cayman or Black Mamba, one thing we can agree on is that it does have a slightly aggressive front-end. A real hard case nasty little 5h17!

full

Last edited:
They don't get  much more aggressive than the AMG GT Black Series.
View attachment 129048
I can't get on with that grill at all. Like a guppy fish. Or maybe a lantern fish. Anyway, something very odd from the ocean floor.

Back to the 212. I think that they look great with the Sports grilles. As do many recent Mercs.

All mine have had the Avantgardes which are a bit grandad IMHO.

If I was going to score them out of 10 it would be Sport 11 AG 5 and Lantern Fish -100.

Both pfl and fl nice, would go for either. Slightly off topic, has anyone tried Jelly Eels, I personally think it's sick 😫

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mine has a slightly more aggressive front-end too, thanks to the much larger grille than the previous two generations. My wife refuses to drive it because she thinks it’s too aggressive looking.

Mrs D actually calls it the “Cayman” because it has a big mouth full of teeth (the grille), higher set eyes than an alligator (the headlamps) and it looks like it’s a really, really, really nasty little 5h17.

It does look aggressive but I don’t think it looks so much like a Cayman, but more like a Black Mamba which has a wide slender mouth (lower grille) and and a very smooth head with flat sides.

Even though we can’t agree whether it looks like a Cayman or Black Mamba, one thing we can agree on is that it does have a slightly aggressive front-end. A real hard case nasty little 5h17!

full
I assume you are not actually towing that twin axle van with the Smart!!! LOL!

That's a plankton eater, isn't it....
Basking Shark - I though it looked a tad similar to the GT Black Series

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom