AMG Experience at MBWorld

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
Great day today at MBWorld on an AMG Experience. I drove a C63 around the driving circuit and had a turn, multiple turns really, on the skid pan. The C63 sounds nice and goes well, just doesn't sound or go as well as i thought it would, but i enjoyed myself anyway. Next time will be in an AMG GT.

This is a great day out for free as long as you don't want to drive anything, i spent at least 3 hours looking at all the cars on display and browsing around the shop. Had a very nice lunch in the cafe, the bistro upstairs was fully booked.

Highly recommended if you have half a day free.

flowrider99 said:
I drove a C63 around the driving circuit and had a turn, multiple turns really, on the skid pan. The C63 sounds nice and goes well, just doesn't sound or go as well as i thought it would, but i enjoyed myself anyway.

Must be the new inferior half a engine w205 4.0tt c63 and not the c63 w204 m156 6.3 ;0))

Been in as a passenger before, OMG that car had so much grip.

Me too (no, not the hashtag!)I really enjoyed the day looking round and OMG, even as a passenger in C63 it was WOW!
How they throw them around the track and it simply hangs on for more... and to think its simply a road legal 'car'!!!

Great day and would recommend to all.

Might be a daft question but can you book a session or two on the handling circuits in your own car with an instructor next to you?

£240 from merc Benz (I just bought one,and I got a free dealers key ring,)you can get copies that aren't master keys £150-180,
Now asking for a friend,are you're keys insured?if you lost them you will get replacements free! Most insurance policies will let you add on key insurance for about £15,

Might be a daft question but can you book a session or two on the handling circuits in your own car with an instructor next to you?

No, not that I’m aware of, although if you buy a brand new C63 or other similar, then I believe you get a training day thrown in... that might be in your own car!

Reactions: Yex
Cheers Darren :thumb:

A friend with a CLK Black Series and I are planning a trip over one weekend for a nose about and a breakfast and it would have been nice to to have some good instruction in my own car.

You can definitely book to drive their cars, but it’s not cheap!!
The one I would like is the full days tuition, which covers everything, but I think it’s something crazy like 1k!

... of course, that’s if I had a c63 :oops:

Reactions: Yex
As far as I remember you can only book sessions with MBW's own cars. Well worth the money as the one to one tuition is first class I did the 4 hour session in a SL63 which was the later model to my N/A SL63 and it was really very, very good.

Cheers Darren :thumb:

A friend with a CLK Black Series and I are planning a trip over one weekend for a nose about and a breakfast and it would have been nice to to have some good instruction in my own car.

I think there are certain days that you can book to take your own car on Brands Hatch, though obviously you’ll have no MB instruction there.

Could be a fun day though ! :cool:

The AMG Driving Academy have hosted events which allow drivers to use their own AMG for some or all of the programme. If you get in touch then they may be able to tell you whether they have some coming up.

AMG Driving Academy

Their programmes tend to be more involved and aimed at AMG drivers, rather than those available to anyone and everyone at MBWorld.

No, not that I’m aware of, although if you buy a brand new C63 or other similar, then I believe you get a training day thrown in... that might be in your own car!
It's the full day training, but not in your own car, it is usually in the same make and model and they have all the current AMGs in one form or another. Mine was even the E63s Estate. They did offer me a go in something else, if I fancied it, but I stuck with that one. Much better to use someone else's tyres and petrol IMO .. especially in Drift mode, not to mention if you bend it you can still drive home.

It's the full day training, but not in your own car, it is usually in the same make and model and they have all the current AMGs in one form or another. Mine was even the E63s Estate. They did offer me a go in something else, if I fancied it, but I stuck with that one. Much better to use someone else's tyres and petrol IMO .. especially in Drift mode, not to mention if you bend it you can still drive home.

Good call !
Learn and race their car, then have a conservative drive home! (Though not sure I could drive conservatively in a 63!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom