AMG Experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
Just thought I'd mention that my wife & I attended an AMG experience day yesterday at MIRA near Nuneaton.

What a fantastic day it was! apart from the usual skid pan & road work stuff, we got to drive some superb cars.

First up for me was the C32 on the skid pan roundabout - basically switching ESP off and powersliding as many complete circumferances around the roundabout as possible using the steering & accelerator only - no brakes! Well Cool! I managed three - not before a few 360 spins till I got the hang of it.

Wifey was in a C32 estate & did well too .

Out on the road I opted for the new E55 - well it would be rude not to! :bannana:

I had a serving police officer (off duty) as co pilot with another AMG day person in the back - We drove around warwickshire for 1 and a half hours using tiptronic and manual wheel button gear shifts. What an awesome car - I did get a mild ticking off when I accidently hit 100 mph! well he did say accelerate hard out of a bend! and still in 3rd!

We took it in turns driving and My wife was in a CLK 55 and enjoyed that thoroughly.

A nutter (AMG Experience driver/coach) called Don Palmer took us each around a double roundabout figure of 8 circuit at insane speeds in an SLK 32 with thr roof down for 20 mins each
- oh it was a wet circuit as well! that guy really showed what the car can do with ESP off & on - he was in absolute control at all times just balacing the throttle to help slide around corners at speed.

also on the day there was a car on the oval test track that was being tested at up to 180 mph - could have been a Merc. The car was heavily disguised and the place is top secret so we cant really say what we saw for definate and cameras were an absolute no no!

IF anyone with an AMG hasnt taken up mercs offer of a free day then I thouroughly recommend you get on the phone right away and get it booked. Plus you never know who you might meet and what cars you may see being tested.

Just the ML off road day to look forward to next!

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Excellent!!

Camera's are not allowed........ unless you get a camera pass!

See here for my pics of the 'beta' event I did. Some pics with Don Palmer (who lives just up the road from me) in a CLK55 on the figure of 8 track you mention.

AMG driving day pictures here

Matt.

Awesome, Steve_bcs how do you get an offer from Merc to go on one of these days?

Hi Steve,

do you think theyd give me a free day with my 97 c36?

what number did you ring, i`ll see what i can blag! ;)

sounds like you had a top day tho!

I got the invite based on me sending back a feedback card received from MB just after I bought the car - which was 12 months old .

I think the dealer has to inform MB of the AMG sale but I'm not sure.

The AMG experience team can be contacted on 01675 445822. They are really helpful and will tell you if you qualify for a free day or not.

Worth a phone call. Its a truly fabululous experience.

:)

Tried the blag, £395 for the day, only AMG`s bought after march i think she said!

very nice woman on the other side of the phone extremely helpful too, best person i have spoken to from mercedes!

Originally posted by Alps
Tried the blag, £395 for the day, only AMG`s bought after march i think she said!

Good try M8. Have to buy a new one eh!:D

Or pay the money.:D

I think it may be a while before i can afford a new one!

in the process of house buying!!

may pay for the day next year sometime tho!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom