AMG Extras to 'Vamp Up' my 'fake' AMG...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blondee

Car
Mercedes CLC220 Sport
Hi guys... Happy Monday!!

Just after some advice really as I have a CLC220 Sport with an AMG kit on but wanted to know if there were any specific extras you would buy to make it look and possibly sound / run 'more AMG' if that makes any sense. I've only had it two weeks but basically, I googled it before I had it and expected little things like AMG door sills which is didn't come with (Talk about labelling a fake... Polished poo comes to mind! Although I don't think my car is poo AMG or not!! ;) ) AMG mats which again, it didn't come with so it's kind of escalated from there from small interior extras now to maybe mechanically so any hints, tips or must do's I'd be grateful to know of. Also where to purchase or enquire about these extras as I know Merc would sting me on the bum so any websites, contacts etc would be helpful too.

Thanks x :)

Do not forget, you cannot polish poo........but you can roll it in glitter :D

I hope it's only the AMG bits that are fake? :p

This'll be interesting. There are a few forum members who do not like cars that are not 'real' AMG's being equipped with AMG parts (based on previous posts). Will they refrain or restrain themselves, I wonder?:devil::D

Doesn't matter these days as MB seem to badge half their range as 'AMG'.....

HOWEVER

Not wanting to go through that again and ruin the OP's thread, you could look at an exhaust, although an AMG one won't be cheap

Do not forget, you cannot polish poo........but you can roll it in glitter :D

I hope it's only the AMG bits that are fake? :p

Things have moved on. Apparently.

k4c6xk.jpg

Giantvanman said:
This'll be interesting. There are a few forum members who do not like cars that are not 'real' AMG's being equipped with AMG parts (based on previous posts). Will they refrain or restrain themselves, I wonder?:devil::D

I don't think they will have a pop at a lady ( I wonder why) ???

boxbrownie said:
Do not forget, you cannot polish poo........but you can roll it in glitter :D I hope it's only the AMG bits that are fake? :p

What else would be fake?? I like the idea of glitter though haha!!

Giantvanman said:

Yeah I did think that to be honest but they will have to get over it... I'm only being honest so if they don't want to help, don't read any further haha!! When I ordered it the dealership I got it from didn't even realise it had an AMG kit on and I kept quiet incase they put the price up lol!! I wasn't overly fussed either as I just loved the car so I thought ok let's see it and see what it's like. When it arrived though I actually thought, I wish it was AMG now so with that in mind... Let's see what options there are to make in more 'glittery' in the words of boxbrownie above ;) x

Put whatever AMG bits you want on it , I have an AMG exhaust and AMG wheels on my clk for example.

But do not , do not badge it as an AMG ! Lol

Hi there's no clc amg so to make it look like one will be almost impossible , they done the previous model of your a c30cdi amg and a c32amg .
You could look for some aftermarket rear diffuser ,front bumper and stuff like that , and to make it sound like one I'm sure acid at msl could fit a bigV8 to make it sound like an amg lol!!
Hope you enjoy your new car!:)

Howard said:
Put whatever AMG bits you want on it , I have an AMG exhaust and AMG wheels on my clk for example. But do not , do not badge it as an AMG ! Lol

I already have 18" five twin spoke AMG wheels on it.

I wouldn't dare badge it as an AMG - are you nuts!! That's like branding Dairy Milk as Lindt!! Lol. ;)

You can add a extra bit of power with a tuning box or a remap . If you interested I know the right guys for it they just remapped my van and it goes like clappers !!!

C36fan said:
Hi there's no clc amg so to make it look like one will be almost impossible , they done the previous model of your a c30cdi amg and a c32amg . You could look for some aftermarket rear diffuser ,front bumper and stuff like that , and to make it sound like one I'm sure acid at msl could fit a bigV8 to make it sound like an amg lol!! Hope you enjoy your new car!:)

Hahaha yes I realise what you're saying... Re-read the polished poo part ;) This Acid man is popping up in all sorts of conversations, I might have to take a trip to him... Not for a V8 mind. Lol. I'm in Birmingham tomorrow actually!! Thank you, I'm already loving it!! X

C36fan said:
You can add a extra bit of power with a tuning box or a remap . If you interested I know the right guys for it they just remapped my van and it goes like clappers !!!

This is more like it... Yes I'll gladly take details, where are you based? X

Do what you want with it, but don't necessarily just go the AMG route.

Loads of little extras available "off the shelf" so to speak, and if you want a better sound out of it then speak with Acid at MSL Performance down in Birmingham. He's a sponsor on here and will be "adjusting" my exhaust this weekend (along with about 40 other cars).

As for badges, less is more in my opinion. I have none on mine and I think it gives it a smoother look and leaves it a lot easier to clean. Keeps 'em guessing as well...

ETA: Just seen the last reply, MSL will also do you a good remap. Big Merc gathering this weekend, Saturday & Sunday. :)

daveenty said:
Do what you want with it, but don't necessarily just go the AMG route. Loads of little extras available "off the shelf" so to speak, and if you want a better sound out of it then speak with Acid at MSL Performance down in Birmingham. He's a sponsor on here and will be "adjusting" my exhaust this weekend (along with about 40 other cars). As for badges, less is more in my opinion. I have none on mine and I think it gives it a smoother look and leaves it a lot easier to clean. Keeps 'em guessing as well...

Yes I totally agree... I will look into all options I think. Will definitely speak with Acid from MSL - he sounds like the guy in the know. Definitely more fun to keep people guessing though!! To be fair, I only intend on keeping it a year or so anyway then upgrade to a SLK I think so exploring all options at the minute. Thank you x :)

Do what you want with it, but don't necessarily just go the AMG route.

Loads of little extras available "off the shelf" so to speak, and if you want a better sound out of it then speak with Acid at MSL Performance down in Birmingham. He's a sponsor on here and will be "adjusting" my exhaust this weekend (along with about 40 other cars).

As for badges, less is more in my opinion. I have none on mine and I think it gives it a smoother look and leaves it a lot easier to clean. Keeps 'em guessing as well...

ETA: Just seen the last reply, MSL will also do you a good remap. Big Merc gathering this weekend, Saturday & Sunday. :)

Excellent post.

Blondee, I wouldn't worry about whether other people think your car should have AMG stuff on it or not..... do what you want as at the end of the day it's your car and your money :thumb:

If you are after a bit of a tweak to it's performance then somewhere like MSL can help. Same with the exhaust as Torqueflow are based there.

As for little extras look into the world of hydro dipping..... amazing what finishes to interior and exterior trim can be had with this technology.

Finally and as no one else has probably asked you outright if you're not doing anything this weekend come down to MSL in Birmingham and meet a whole heap of Mercedes enthusiasts.... it will doubtless give you some ideas for what to do with your car too.

I'll be at MSL tomorrow afternoon :)

Tune and exhaust will get you going in the right direction, you will be impressed :)

cb1965 said:
Excellent post. Blondee, I wouldn't worry about whether other people think your car should have AMG stuff on it or not..... do what you want as at the end of the day it's your car and your money :thumb: If you are after a bit of a tweak to it's performance then somewhere like MSL can help. Same with the exhaust as Torqueflow are based there. As for little extras look into the world of hydro dipping..... amazing what finishes to interior and exterior trim can be had with this technology. Finally and as no one else has probably asked you outright if you're not doing anything this weekend come down to MSL in Birmingham and meet a whole heap of Mercedes enthusiasts.... it will doubtless give you some ideas for what to do with your car too.

No, I don't care what others think at all, this is all for me - I'll have it exactly how I want it :) I'll look at hydro dipping, thank you.

I am free Saturday so I might come over yes. Sounds good to me...!! I'll google the address and see where I'm going. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom