AMG Factory and Mercedes Museum GTG...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

Well, the Summer GTG has gone and past. Now for the next one!

If numbers are good, we have the opportunity, along with the MBOC forum, to visit the AMG factory and Mercedes Museum in Germany. We can also do the Nürburgring if we desire.

Leaving from Calais via Euro tunnel sometime in November for a three/four day excursion to Germany. Stopping in Stuttgart for two nights, then the drive back home. Ideal for those of you who not only want to visit the amazing factories, but also test out your motors on the German Autobahn!!

We need to get a feel of numbers, so if you are interested, let us know below. We can then finalise the details.

Estimated cost of trip: £350 plus petrol and food. (car/hotel share is fine)
Estimated duration of trip: 3 to 4 days

Germany is calling!! :D

Here’s some pics to get you in the mood…

tnPIC00006.jpg

tnPIC00011.jpg

tnPIC00018.jpg

tnPIC00027.jpg

tnPIC00041.jpg

tnDSCF0099.JPG

Cheers,

Matt.

Interested for sure!

Need a longer straight to find out what the last 900rpm can do :D

clocks.jpg

Last edited:
I'm interested (but i'll have to bring her indoors with to avoid the tut-tutting!! ;))

S.

Another one to look forward too, I thought there was something missing now our Summer GTG has been and gone.

Sounds good Sym........

I pointed a camera at the instrument cluster whilst sitting in the drivers seat and took the picture.

There are lots of airstrips near me. I blanked the mileage and the time just in case someone thinks I was daft enough to do this on the public road. It quickly gets to that speed, but the last few rpms before the redline drag a bit, hence I did not have room to run flat out.

Last edited:
Eventhough I have been in Stuttgart and at AMG before...I am interested as well...

greetingz,

Maff,
I can't resist a trip like this....... count me in......:bannana:
Maybe I'll need to put the hardtop on.....
To stop the wind noise over the 145 mark.....:D

I'm pretty keen - any idea of when?

I'm interested Matt - would need to bring g/f as well - but would be a nice start to some continental motoring.

Cheers

Andrew

Right Guys, I now have to sort out a date for this trip as AMG have come back to me.

Question is, do we want to visit the Nürburgring for one day?
If we do, we would leave on Saturday, visit Nürburgring on Sunday and then AMG and Mercedes on Monday leaving Tuesday back for work on Wednesday.

Please indicate with a 'yes' or 'no' below for the Nürburgring.

Regards,

Matt.

I am leaning towards no almost definately, but what would the deal be a the ring?

You talking about just to sight see, view some racing or do a lap ourselves?

Any ideas of costs and insurance etc??

Confirm if you can but I think I'll stay off the track!

Probably viewing with a little track time maybe!
There are some amazing sights to be seen there, and going round the track (it's officily a toll road, however some insurance companies don't view it like that) is something else.

The good thing is that it breaks the inbound jorney up quite nicely.

Provisionaly, the weekend starting Saturday 22nd November. How does this date sound with prosepective people?

Cheers,

Matt.

Hey Maff - its looks OK at mo' for me ...

PS - Make that a DEFINITE ...

Last edited:
This trip will be limited to 10 cars, so book your spot now!!! (more than 10 cars is difficult for AMG factory to handle)

Date in diary but check with me before you finalize mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom