AMG Factory tour, Stuttgart - for non-owners ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
I'm in Stuttgart, again, in September, and would love to do the AMG Factory tour.

I've already done the Mercedes factory tour, as well as the Museum.

Any top tips on how to do the AMG Factory tour, as a non-AMG owner?

And tips on anywhere else to go, apart from Sindelfingen and the V8 hotel ?

(Yes, (cough), I'll be visiting Porsche in Zuffenhausen, but let's ignore that, for the minute. Who needs an SUV?)

Don’t you just pay at the door ? Surely they take anyone’s money ?

I'm in Stuttgart, again, in September, and would love to do the AMG Factory tour.

(Yes, (cough), I'll be visiting Porsche in Zuffenhausen, but let's ignore that, for the minute. Who needs an SUV?).

Not sure about entrance for those who don’t own an AMG - when I went I had to provide VIN numbers.

The V8 hotel is great but rush traffic is heavy and it took us more than an hour to drive between the two.

When I arranged a visit I had to provide my VIN No too, unfortunately I didn't have time to go and had to cancel it.

(Yes, (cough), I'll be visiting Porsche in Zuffenhausen, but let's ignore that, for the minute. Who needs an SUV?)

I did the AMG factory tour with a group of AMG owners. AMG wanted my VIN (in advance) but otherwise no problem. Have you tried contacting them?

Porche museum and factory tour in Stuttgart are easy to arrange and enjoyable.

As far as I know the AMG deal is a private tour i.e. they show you round on your own not as a group. There was a group being shown round when I was there but think it was an AMG Experience Group. I would email them and ask. They were very helpful setting up my private tour.

As far as I know the AMG deal is a private tour i.e. they show you round on your own not as a group. There was a group being shown round when I was there but think it was an AMG Experience Group. I would email them and ask. They were very helpful setting up my private tour.

We went as a group of 8 cars - full factory tour etc.

+1 for Sinsheim. i've been to both and the one at Speyer is mainly focused on space, they have an actual space shuttle. You need a full day for the main museum and even then will struggle to see it all

R.e the Vin number, could you not 'borrow' one from a forecourt ;)

Reactions: 219
I've added Sinsheim to the list. Many thanks

285f3b7e13cca85c4bf959b084d7a575.jpg

Not sure about entrance for those who don’t own an AMG - when I went I had to provide VIN numbers.

The V8 hotel is great but rush traffic is heavy and it took us more than an hour to drive between the two.
So , just ‘borrow’ a VIN from a fellow member .

Sinsheim is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom