AMG Factory tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c63chris

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL63 + BMW 335d Touring
Apologies in advance but I did have pictures for this but it seems they are too large! Just back from a Euro road trip. Went from Calais to Lake Constance for two days then over to Austria for a week to do Ironman Austria and finally off to Stuttgart for a tour of the factory. As an AMG owner they will give you a free private tour of the factory and facilities including meeting the guy who built your engine. My other half was very skeptical about the whole thing as she has little interest but even she said how intersting it is. You start off with a tour of the showroom and get shown all the models and have all the specs and details explained. This included a GT3 and GT4 racer which were very cool. The ultimate boys toy? You thenget taken into the factory. No pictures allowed which was a shame. They show you the test rig. All new engines do 500hrs on the redline! Saw the new 2 litre being tested. They then show you the one man one engine set up. Theres 2 approaches now. The original where the guy has a trolley and walks the engine down a horseshoe line while he adds bits to it. The new floor for the latest 2.0 is much cooler. The guy is static and robots bring the parts to him as he completes it. All in all really good couple of hrs and well worth it if you get the chance. The staff were so friendly and knowledgeable and didnt even mind me turning up in the 335d!

You went to the AMG factory in a BMW !!! Have you no shame ? :p. Sounds like a good day out . :thumb:

Yes I did wonder on the reception I’d get! They made me park on th road rather than onsite but to be fair we’re very complimentary of the 335d

Affalterbach hand build engines, they copied it from the M division of old, so I wouldn’t think they lost sleep!

As much as Bimmer/merc fans go head to head on the Interweb, there is massive mutual respect between the major German manufacturers and tuners, if you like cars, why would you not taste the competitions supply from time to time?

It’s expected I think!

This is on my bucket list to do, my dealer has already set it motion. Was hoping for a Bremen collection again but they have now stopped offering this apparently.

Hope it was a memorable day!

Sounds like a definite trip to do within AMG ownership. :thumb:

Affalterbach hand build engines, they copied it from the M division of old, so I wouldn’t think they lost sleep!

As much as Bimmer/merc fans go head to head on the Interweb, there is massive mutual respect between the major German manufacturers and tuners, if you like cars, why would you not taste the competitions supply from time to time?

It’s expected I think!

This is on my bucket list to do, my dealer has already set it motion. Was hoping for a Bremen collection again but they have now stopped offering this apparently.

Hope it was a memorable day!

If you are ever in the area you must do it!

We did it in May. Was absolutely amazing

Attachments

• 35D6ABD8-6DE2-4715-8F1C-DCA4E3E40309.jpeg
    35D6ABD8-6DE2-4715-8F1C-DCA4E3E40309.jpeg
    925.1 KB · Views: 21
3k miles. Absolutely trashed the Autobahn. What an experience it was. From the Factory we headed to Auschwitz .

Attachments

• A37F58D8-6101-4DB3-BBAB-193EBFB29372.png
    A37F58D8-6101-4DB3-BBAB-193EBFB29372.png
    442.7 KB · Views: 18
I’ve only visited the Mercedes Museum, so far. Factory tour sounds great. I’ll drive there in the right car :)

Sounds like a definite trip to do within AMG ownership. :thumb:
If you ask nicely, they allow non AMG owners:). I did the visit with my SL two years ago and have never owned an AMG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had it booked last year but had to cancel as I couldn't make it but hopefully will go in the future

If you ask nicely, they allow non AMG owners:). I did the visit with my SL two years ago and have never owned an AMG.

When I attend a factory tour in my (AMG) I'm going to complain to the front desk this shouldn't be aloud to happen!!! No AMG no factory tour lol !!!!!!!!:dk::banana:

When I attend a factory tour in my (AMG) I'm going to complain to the front desk this shouldn't be aloud to happen!!! No AMG no factory tour lol !!!!!!!!:dk::banana:

I'm sure they will respond appropriately;). They didn't seem to mind having a brand new SL in their parking:D.

I'm sure they will respond appropriately;). They didn't seem to mind having a brand new SL in their parking:D.

What was the name of your engine builder again? :p;)

I wasn't making any point I was having a joke. :)

So what is the punch line? I have never claimed or even vaguely implied that I have an AMG.:wallbash:

Seems that you are offended (or envious) by/of the fact that I have been to the AMG factory and don't own an AMG. Don't worry about it, it is not that big a deal and AMGs are not the be all and end all.

So what is the punch line? I have never claimed or even vaguely implied that I have an AMG.:wallbash:

Seems that you are offended (or envious) by/of the fact that I have been to the AMG factory and don't own an AMG. Don't worry about it, it is not that big a deal and AMGs are not the be all and end all.

OK Boss!!!!:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom