AMG Germany GTG - 22nd November – Final Details

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

As per the AMG trip threads below, here are the final confirmed details for the Germany GTG!

We have negotiated group bookings at the following superb hotels:

Stuttgart intercontinental – Stuttgart city centre (located opposite main park) - http://www.stuttgart.intercontinental.com/ - 139 Euros per night including Breakfast

Dorint Parkhotel – Located about 20mins from the Nürburgring on top of a mountain overlooking the surrounding wine valleys - http://www.dorint.de/bad-neuenahr/uk/home.html - 99 Euros per Night including breakfast

Rough Itinerary:
22nd November - 8am – Leave UK via Euro Tunnel. Meeting place TBA.
22nd November – 4pm – Arrive and check into Dorint Parkhotel Bad Neuenahr
23rd November – 9am – Leave hotel for the Nürburgring
23rd November ~ 4pm – leave Nürburgring for Stuttgart intercontinental hotel
24th November ~ 10am – leave for AMG Factory
24th November ~ 1pm – leave AMG for Mercedes-Benz Museum Stuttgart and Stuttgart Shopping
25th November ~ 9am – leave Stuttgart intercontinental for Euro Tunnel Calais

The hotels and Euro tunnel will be payable 4 weeks prior to departure, due to group bookings and associated discounts. Euro tunnel prices will be announced here shortly, together with payment instructions.

This trip is strictly limited to 10 car’s maximum. We have the following confirmed attendees. Served strictly on a first come, first served basis!

Confirmed:
Maff
Sym
GrahamC230k
SteveM
MBZSLK230K
DorianT
Scotth_uk
mike c200
Mercedes Lady
Steve_Perry

No places left!! :D

Please feel free to post any questions etc below, I’ll try my best to answer them!

Roll on 22nd November!!! :D

Cheers,

Matt.

Last edited:
Dead keen as always, but I need to get the severity of an oil leak assessed before heading off on the Autobahn. I really dont want to leave any engine pieces in Germany. ;-)

Hopefully it will be fixable, or not a worry.

sign me in mike c200

only I don't not now if I go only to amg or will visit your by the other things to

Greetingz,

Mike

Sorry lads tragically can't make it this year, maybe next eh?

Please give my place to a deserving case Matt.

:cool: :cool:

What's the deal if I want to bring someone with me: come in my car, stay in my room, etc.?

Originally posted by scotth_uk
What's the deal if I want to bring someone with me: come in my car, stay in my room, etc.?

Thats fine, no extra cost. Room are a choice between double and twin.

Originally posted by Maff
This trip is strictly limited to 10 car’s maximum. We have the following confirmed attendees. Please add yourself to the list below if you wish to come. Served strictly on a first come, first served basis!

With Steve (MBenzNL) and Vinay (K.) about to confirm is there room for one more or is the tour fully booked?

I'm about to have a radical change in circumstances at work (being made redundant :crazy: :rolleyes: I'm hoping to go contracting for the same employer that's making me redundant) Which means taking time out for this is gonna be easier. :)

S.

Hi Steve,

There is one last space and your more than welcome to it! Let me know and i'll add you to the 'Confirmed' list.

Cheers,

Matt.

I have AA cover here in the UK, but I gather that it will need to be extended to cover this journey.

What are you all doing about this, or does it not bother you? I guess I am a little cautious as I have not driven on the continent before and I have reservations about the car's behaviour at 120mph for long journeys. ;-)

Originally posted by Maff
Hi Steve,

There is one last space and your more than welcome to it! Let me know and i'll add you to the 'Confirmed' list.

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks very much Matt :D I appreciate it.

Please count me in then :) Will you have your SL by then? :devil:

Hmm now I guess I need to check with my insurance and the AA as Scott's already mentioned.

S.

Right, we have our 10 places confirmed. Many Thanks to all, this sounds like it's going to be a great trip!!

I will be sending out more details soon regarding the hotels and travel information, including advanced payment for the hotels (4 weeks in advance).

Any questions etc, let me know!

You can buy extended ASSISTANCE Cover from AA (or RAC) - cost depends on number of days

Insurance company needs to be contacted re GREEN Card - some charge for it, some dont ...

I assume Mobilo Life - Service 24/7 is valid out there ?

Can somebody please confirm ?

S.

Originally posted by sym

Can somebody please confirm ?

S.

It sure is I've used it in Switzerland and it worked fine.

Don't forget the Euro number is +442079757071.

Have a good trip and let's hope you don't need assistance.:bannana: :bannana:

Originally posted by sym

On a slightly related note (sorry to go off topic) my car's registration date is March 1998, I believe Mobilo life didn't come into effect until Sept, or at least late 1998. So why does my car have Mobilo Life documentation and even the little Mobilo Life card stuck to the windscreen just above my tax disc. Am I covered? I didn't think I was but then why the paperwork :confused:

S.

I'll certainly be extending my AA cover for the trip. Not worth risking it, any car can fail at any time.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
On a slightly related note (sorry to go off topic) my car's registration date is March 1998, I believe Mobilo life didn't come into effect until Sept, or at least late 1998. So why does my car have Mobilo Life documentation and even the little Mobilo Life card stuck to the windscreen just above my tax disc. Am I covered? I didn't think I was but then why the paperwork :confused:

S.

Supposed to be October 98 cars onwards that are covered. Mine is March '99 - so just in there !

I would call them up and quote your registration number though - if the documentation is there, then I guess you have it !

S.

Just got home from a hard week in the office. :rolleyes: Am so excited in going on trip...Went to Brabus and Bremen earlier in the year and loved every minute of it :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: ...can't wait. :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Mercedes Lady
Just got home from a hard week in the office. :rolleyes: Am so excited in going on trip...Went to Brabus and Bremen earlier in the year and loved every minute of it :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: ...can't wait. :cool: :cool:

I'm excited too. Have been getting all sorts arranged in preparation:

Sat Nav
EU Number Plates
MB Spare Bulb Kit
Headlamp Masks
AA/Travel Insurance etc
Reading up on driving regulations in France and Germany

Going to be great! Will have to book the Euro Tunnel soon so I know I am all prepared.

I am kicking myself now too as I think you must be one of the few I did not introduce myself too at the Taplow GTG. NOT LIKE THAT YOU GUYS, just would have been nice now that we are all going on this trip together.

Anyone managed to figure out what the weather conditions will be like?

More than one person has said, November in Germany will be snow!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom