AMG GT 63 S review on Pistonheads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must say I am a fan and with the correct wheels (like in the pictures above) it looks pretty spot on!

I think my only gripe is that effectively this is the CLS63, it's not all AMG like the actual GT is so I have an element of cynicism towards it. In that it's underpinnings are CLS/E Class whuch isn't a bad thing but there is a fair price difference for what are quite similar packages.

I say this like I've got the cash to buy either, I suspect these are great cars and if I'm in the market for a four door super car which let's face it, this is it'd be a strong contender. :)

I don’t think it’s fair to say it’s a CLS, though it uses the same platform. Just look at the reviews and you’ll see how differently it drives, with rear wheel steering, more power etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’s fair to say it’s a CLS, though it uses the same platform. Just look at the reviews and you’ll see how differently it drives, with rear wheel steering, more power etc

I'm sure the GT is a step up in terms of power/handling or least you would expect it to be for the price difference. It does beg the question though, if it's not the same (or extremely similar), why not build a CLS63 as well?

APhkfPx.jpg

mgyHH09.jpg

Alex225 your pictures sum it up nicely for me. The AMG 4 door has a fabulous engine, bespoke chassis, nice interior but do you want to spend your time telling people “no it’s not a CLS63”

Alex225 your pictures sum it up nicely for me. The AMG 4 door has a fabulous engine, bespoke chassis, nice interior but do you want to spend your time telling people “no it’s not a CLS63”

Don't get me wrong I do like the car very much and as I understand it doesn't share a single body panel with any other model in the Merc range so it is a unique model. It's just so staggeringly close to the current CLS albeit I think better looking and offers little more than an E63S it's a tricky car to warrant.

If I didn't know of this post, and I saw a picture of it, I would assume it was some kind of CLS...

It will take a while for it to get "known about" I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom