Amg gt 63s breakdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Macclad

Car
S500 coupe
I’ve not posted on here for an age, mainly because I’ve enjoyed a beautiful and reliable S500 coupe for 4 years.
Now I’m the disappointed owner of a new AMG GT63S registered 1st March. Broken down 3 times and spent 4 weeks in the garage.
apparent actuator earthing issue over the 7th & 8th valves causing the timing to fail and activating limp mode. Mercedes Warrington unable to fix it twice, repeatedly no communication, damaged an alloy, lied to about the alloy repair, refused to help recover the car or find a replacement, returned it filthy with no fuel after 140 test drive before it broke down again!!
Then sent to Shrewsbury where the master tech discovered the fault and has now hopefully fixed it. The whole experience has left me disgusted with Mercedes (Warrington) and now distrustful of my new car.
I’ve always loved Mercedes and wouldn’t consider an alternative until now but what should have been the start of another beautiful relationship has been ruined by the inept customer service at Warrington.
Cars break down -fact. But it’s the way it’s dealt with which is vital.
I’ve bought 45+ new Mercs in 30 years and currently own 8....

Attachments

• 572BB8B0-FDBE-462B-99B7-19477EC498BC.jpeg
    572BB8B0-FDBE-462B-99B7-19477EC498BC.jpeg
    233.8 KB · Views: 38
Sorry to hear. I’ve been through some of this over the last two years and it’s definitely got worse as we progressed through COVID. My dealer has been furloughing staff and other measures that have impacted customer service.

The Customer Assurance Centre seem less responsive and don’t get as involved as before.

I think you have the option of hanging in there and hoping it’ll improve as we come out of the current measures, or sell it.

If you continue, make sure they raise a TIPS case for any problems. It means the factory get involved and produces a better trail. Responses on those took about a week during March/April 21 (for mine).

Grim reading. I moved from Mercedes Stockport to Mercedes Warrington a few years ago after Mercedes Stockport lied to me repeatedly so I know how dealer dishonesty feels. I've always been quite pleased with Warrington though so concerned to hear this.
Hope you get it sorted.

Pretty awful service. My one experience with MB Warrington was less than desirable, never again. I'd be leaving an abysmal Google Review. You can of course still reject the car in these circumstances, which is what I would do. Consumer Protection Act applies, although they'll huff and puff and try to bully you, but you are within your rights. Written letter to the CEO rejecting would be my next step. Obviously up to you.

I've never bought a brand new Mercedes before, but isn't this all covered by the warranty? Could you have returned the car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom