AMG GT R on Topgear tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flowrider

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL500 (R230) / Audi S5
Tonight at 20:00 on BBC2 Topgear are testing the AMG GT R.

Last edited:
I have the 2nd one in the uk arriving in 7 weeks, can't wait [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a GTS in car cleaning company the other day, was stunning

I enjoyed the entire show tonight, it's getting better and better and MLB has really turned out to be a decent front man.

Harrismonkey still a bit wooden to camera in studio but the in car stuff is where he excels.

I've only seen the GT, but it's staggering in real life.

I've seen SLSs in real life though, and honestly, I think the SLS still has more of a wow factor.

I agree with red, I thought the whole program was enjoyable and I prefer TG to GT now, and that GT R........wow, what a car!

Have now watched the prog, which I record so I can f-fwd the chat and studio sections.

Yup, car looks and sounds amazing. Think they liked it too (though 911 GT3RS will be a tough choice if you can afford either)

What a car... the fact journalists (who seem to be in collusion with Porsche) rate it close to the GT3 RS... is a huge compliment.
Definitely a strong competitor given it's a considerable chunk cheaper

quote:- "The matte finish diffuses the light, softening the shade off and justifying the alarming £7,500 Merc charges for AMG Green Hell Magno matt paint! "

Jrattan said:
What a car... the fact journalists (who seem to be in collusion with Porsche) rate it close to the GT3 RS... is a huge compliment. Definitely a strong competitor given it's a considerable chunk cheaper

GT3 rs's aren't more expensive. If you can get on the list it's circa £132,000.

It's the second hand market where the prices are higher. Second hand you're looking at £210k plus

Harris's problem is that he just doesn't have any sort of likeability factor; Reid has genuine enthusiasm and warmth, LeBlanc comes across being laid back and the type of bloke you could have a pint with but Harris is almost an odd one out, he may appeal to the purist motoring viewer who thinks TG should go back to some sort of Haynes manual for TV type show but the fact is he doesn't cut it in any situation where there are other people and Top Gear needs presenter with personalities and he hasn't got one.

If he'd have had to do a screen test for TG as an unknown I doubt very much that he'd have got the job.

Top Gear episode 6 recap: has the series emerged from the shadow of Jeremy Clarkson?

General consensus seems to be that the new top gear has finally found its mojo. To be honest I preferred the previous episode 5 which finally had a true petrol head vibe running through it with the big off roaders. Top Gear episode 5 recap: Harris and LeBlanc's fake bromance makes this one the most roadworthy yet Last night's episode had too much Ross Noble [ an acquired taste] to be an absolute success imho.

I think the farm machinery bit is getting rather repetitive but the rest is working quite well now.

If he'd have had to do a screen test for TG as an unknown I doubt very much that he'd have got the job.

I tend to agree even though I'm a big Harris fan. He's great on his own channel and I'm disappointed with the way he's star struck by Le Blanc. Reid does better in that respect but I just cannot get on side with him, his jokes are junk. Harris has massive knowledge, not just test drive experience, he owns (leases) top cars. I wish he could use that content better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom