AMG GT R on Topgear tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Amazing car

My apologies for poking my nose in, but do potential buyers of the GT R need to write a letter of intent James?

My dealer told to write one!

My apologies for poking my nose in, but do potential buyers of the GT R need to write a letter of intent James?

No [emoji23]how ridiculous. Maybe you need to change dealer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I suspect Mercedes Benz as a company have not been clear to the dealerships about its policy for people to buy the GTR.
I seem to read and hear of different experiences when it comes to securing one.

Well I suspect Mercedes Benz as a company have not been clear to the dealerships about its policy for people to buy the GTR.

I seem to read and hear of different experiences when it comes to securing one.

No, the process is perfectly clear, it's the same process as ordering a GTS, G Wagon, S Coupe or similarly expensive car. All we have to do is enter your details onto a special system and then the Boutique ordering department at head office add you to the list

JBd did you ever find out anything about a C63 R version? You may recall there were stories about it at the end of last year but not heard anything since.

JBd did you ever find out anything about a C63 R version? You may recall there were stories about it at the end of last year but not heard anything since.

I tried to register an order for one for a customer of mine. It was rejected and I've been told it's not happening

The front grille on the GTR is cr*p.

I have to disagree.....I think they have the entire car, including the colour, spot on!

I have to disagree.....I think they have the entire car, including the colour, spot on!

The rest is fine, but I have to agree (maybe not as strongly) about the grille- it's a bit 'grinny ' for my liking- that's not to say that would put me off :rolleyes:

Like many mercedes models I think its possibly a homage to the earlier W194 grille the racer predecessor of the 300SL coupe.
1200px-Mercedes_Benz_W194_-_Flickr_-_andrewbasterfield.jpg

52-Mercedes-W194-Coupe-DV-12-PBC_01.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W194

I think the grill really suits the car :
34060365922_f12013f72a_k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom