AMG GT R on Topgear tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If he'd have had to do a screen test for TG as an unknown I doubt very much that he'd have got the job.

He did, about a dozen years ago, presumably when they settled on going back to James May.

He wasn't quite an unknown as he'd been writing for Autocar for years. You're right, he didn't get it.

The nipper loves the farm machinery bit. TG is finally getting there as the presenters gel together and it feels fresh.

I think I'm enjoying TG more than GT. I never thought I'd say that.

Reid looks out of place, and he's just too eager and puppy dog(ish) for me

The GTR piece has been my favourite of the series, mega lust for that machine.

Reid looks out of place, and he's just too eager and puppy dog(ish) for me
I agree.

I like Chris Harris, and while there are some parts he's a bit uncomfortable with, I think overall he's very good.

I must say I do like TG now. Last series with Chris Evans I didn't really watch much because I didn't like the format.

Anyway, that GT R is lovely, some car, so hats off to the guy on here that's getting one.

Chris harris is great reviewing cars, big fan. In front of the camera, trying too hard with the comedy, not so much. A little cringe at times. Did enjoy the off road race the other week, however normally i forward past most of trips/challenges to get to the cars, so no different to when the other three were on.

I agree.

I like Chris Harris, and while there are some parts he's a bit uncomfortable with, I think overall he's very good.

I must say I do like TG now. Last series with Chris Evans I didn't really watch much because I didn't like the format.

Anyway, that GT R is lovely, some car, so hats off to the guy on here that's getting one.

JBD is a Merc seller.

Leave out the guest section and it all works for me. Whereas GT doesn't.

JBD is a Merc seller.

Yes I'm not buying one. I'd assumed that most people on here knew who I was by now [emoji23]

I actually have 5 on order for customers, but the car is June will be the earliest to arrive by a long way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come on James, be honest now. You're due to get a GTR as a company car!!! :D

Come on James, be honest now. You're due to get a GTR as a company car!!! :D

I was hoping that if I sold 5 I'd get one free [emoji23][emoji53]

Adamccc said:
Do you know how many they're limiting them to JBD?

I am quite certain it's not a limited run.

Do you know how many they're limiting them to JBD?

They're not limited to a specific number. I believe there's 70 in year one for the uk, but the number for next year hasn't been confirmed yet.

I saw the roadtest car outside the local caff today and it really is an awesome looking, and sounding piece of kit. The owners will have a real treat when they get their cars. I'd love one. In green.

The GT R looked an incredible car at Goodwood last year, and it looked just as good on TV, just a shame I'll never have the type of cash required to run one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom