AMG GT R OPF Delete?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R33FAL

Car
E92 M3
I have come across a great spec GT R for a good price but unfortunately its a July 2019 car, so it has the dreaded OPF filters on it- which I understand mute the sound quite a bit.

In 2 minds whether I should go for it- sound is a hugely important factor for me, how much of a big deal is it to get new down-pipes and remap? [I have never done this on any of my cars so unchartered territory].

Would it be enough to put you off? Other issues I guess are warranty and resale value if I start modifying it?

It should not be an issue, use a reputable firm and keep any bits to restore or pass on to any new owner. Remember to inform your insurers of any changes (they will use any excuse not to pay out)

GO FOR IT!!
kc

It should not be an issue, use a reputable firm and keep any bits to restore or pass on to any new owner. Remember to inform your insurers of any changes (they will use any excuse not to pay out)

GO FOR IT!!
kc
Also any excuse to increase your premium.

I have come across a great spec GT R for a good price but unfortunately its a July 2019 car, so it has the dreaded OPF filters on it- which I understand mute the sound quite a bit.

In 2 minds whether I should go for it- sound is a hugely important factor for me, how much of a big deal is it to get new down-pipes and remap? [I have never done this on any of my cars so unchartered territory].

Would it be enough to put you off? Other issues I guess are warranty and resale value if I start modifying it?
Could you just buy a 2018 car to avoid any complications and head aches? There are plenty for sale so you’re sure to find a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom