AMG GT R Pro v Mclaren 600LT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would have to be the AMG GT R for me. None of the McLaren's do anything for me.

Bit of a strange review that contradicts itself in places (review is about track-focused cars then picks the Merc essentially because it’s comfier!) but I’d take the McLaren every day of the week personally...

Up close and personal, mclarens are bloody fast but built like expensive kit cars - wouldn’t take one for free.

id keep my CLS and put the Mclaren in the garage for summer use (well maybe summer use as i love the AMG) and hope the 600LT would become a appreciating classic.

On looks alone, the AMG wins by a mile because it still looks like a "proper" car rather than a kid's spaceship toy !

Up close and personal, mclarens are bloody fast but built like expensive kit cars - wouldn’t take one for free.

Have heard this a lot (although never driven/owned one).

I have a friend who has owned several McLaren's and has commented along the lines of what has been mentioned above. He has also made some observations about their marketing of new vehicles which suggest they state the car will be limited to "nn" chassis numbers and then produce many more than that, reducing any intrinsic value considerably. Build wise they are known to have "foibles" and can be eye watering to repair if out of warranty.

I'd take the AMG all day every day :D

Didn't Maff have McLarens and AMG's? (never hear from him anymore - wonder what the "stable" is nowadays?)

I have a friend who has owned several McLaren's and has commented along the lines of what has been mentioned above. He has also made some observations about their marketing of new vehicles which suggest they state the car will be limited to "nn" chassis numbers and then produce many more than that, reducing any intrinsic value considerably. Build wise they are known to have "foibles" and can be eye watering to repair if out of warranty.

I'd take the AMG all day every day :D

A friend worked in a central call centre for a national recovery service which looked after several “premium” brands. I asked which they had the most calls for, and Mclaren came out top of the pile , which is worrying given the relatively small numbers. I’ll be sticking with AMG , in some form or another ;)

Obviously the bad experiences always seem to rise up and be highlighted more than the good ones but it isn't the best advert for McLaren.

I've watched lots of Jays video's and he always seems pretty reliable and fair but there are so many opportunities for these issues to be put right with the right resource and still balls kept dropping.

I don't hear many bad stories from Ferrari owner's....only good ones in comparison.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I went a Ferrari meet with a friend and all the owners talk about is how little mileage their cars have on them and how they wish their cars were built like Porsche’s. At the Porsche meets, the guys talk about how many miles they put on their cars.

This is a great read and shows that there is no problem putting miles on most modern cars even Ferrari's. If only their owners could be braver to put the miles on many of them.

360 story and engine rebuild

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom