AMG GT R Pro v Mclaren 600LT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’d have neither, but two of my favourite cars are very closely related to both of them - they’re the McLaren 720s and Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster.

I’d have neither, but two of my favourite cars are very closely related to both of them - they’re the McLaren 720s and Mercedes-AMG GT C Roadster.
Nice choices. Throw in an original Hammer wagon and a new A45s and I would happily have that as life long garage.

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

I have recently passed up a GTR Pro allocation in favour of a 600LT Spider which hopefully arrives next week.

This will be my third McLaren, neither of the previous two has been built like a kit car or failed me at the roadside. In fact they have been the two best driving cars I have ever owned.

If anybody wants to hear real world experiences rather than “a bloke in the pub said” happy to answer ;)

I have recently passed up a GTR Pro allocation in favour of a 600LT Spider which hopefully arrives next week.

This will be my third McLaren, neither of the previous two has been built like a kit car or failed me at the roadside. In fact they have been the two best driving cars I have ever owned.

If anybody wants to hear real world experiences rather than “a bloke in the pub said” happy to answer ;)

Hello Robin. :D

Justin (@acej ) also has a bit of experience with the McLaren, currently owning a 720s I believe. This replaced a 600 which in turn replaced an AMG GT (I think, he takes some keeping up with)

He doesn't get on here often though loves the McLaren, even though he also has a few other things to run alongside it. Including a recently acquired W213 E63s :cool:

Hello Robin. :D

Justin (@acej ) also has a bit of experience with the McLaren, currently owning a 720s I believe. This replaced a 600 which in turn replaced an AMG GT (I think, he takes some keeping up with)

He doesn't get on here often though loves the McLaren, even though he also has a few other things to run alongside it. Including a recently acquired W213 E63s :cool:

hello Dave

Hope you are well sir and happy Christmas to you.

Yep J and I keep in regular touch and he bought his first Mac (a 570s) from the dealer I got my first one from after I introduced them :)

He’s on to his second one, as you say a 720, and it is is an absolute cracker.

Macs and Mercs make a nice combo, his goes with his E63s saloon and mine currently sits alongside a Brabus 700 E63s wagon :)

cant comment on the GT R or the Maclaren on this comparison but I've driven a 570s on the track and it is a fantastic track car with immense handling capabilities

Well I swapped the old Mac 570S Spider for my new 600LT Spider this morning.

I’m extremely disappointed to report that it seems well built, in no way resembles a kit car and thus far hasn’t caused me to ring any forum members mates in call centres. Early days yet though ;)

D9-FF32-D7-00-DF-415-B-8-EB5-741-DCBBAB84-C.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a kit car to me! :rolleyes:

Enjoy, looks fabulous. :thumb:

That engine looks a bit $hite on the bench compared to its normal under perspex look :)

Well I swapped the old Mac 570S Spider for my new 600LT Spider this morning.

I’m extremely disappointed to report that it seems well built, in no way resembles a kit car and thus far hasn’t caused me to ring any forum members mates in call centres. Early days yet though ;)

D9-FF32-D7-00-DF-415-B-8-EB5-741-DCBBAB84-C.jpg
How are you finding the 600LT? It looks lovely 👌🏻

I'd be interested to get your opinion on the LT, I am considering changing from the Performante for one.

Only Mclaren i'd even consider is the P1, if that is put together like 'an expensive kit-car' then that is a risk i'd be willing to take frankly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom