AMG GT

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KennyN

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Me - BMW 440i Coupe / Dog -Cayenne
Whilst walking the hound today I passed a local used car dealer , I pass it at least twice a day and normally have a look at what they have on offer. They normally have some interesting vehicles within the £6 -> £30k price range but today they had this beauty on display :

Used Mercedes-benz Amg Gt Convertible 4.0 V8 Biturbo Gpf C Roadster Spds Dct (S/s) 2dr in Glasgow, Hillington | SR Motor Company Limited

It got me wondering how a car of such value and age would end up ,so soon, in what is essentially back street garage and who would part with a six figure sum at such a place ?

K

Possibly the garage owners car? Similar valuable ones crop up at some of the small dealers in Elgin which are reported to belong to the owners

I once went to see a £40k E63 on a muddy back lot in Newbury that was 10x the price of everything else on the yard. Indeed it was the owner’s car.

He has had some pretty heavy metal over the years sometimes Kenny especially when he was in rutherglen.

He has had some pretty heavy metal over the years sometimes Kenny especially when he was in rutherglen.

To be fair, regarding supercars , there has been an Aventador parked in / around the place which is possibly the owners.

I just cant imagine anyone contemplating going to a garage that sells cars starting at £3-£4k and buying one that is almost six figures but maybe thats just moi.

K

Call me old-fashioned, but,whilst that is a stunning-looking piece of machinery all-in-all, I'm not sure how I'd feel spending six figures on a car when the everyday experience behind the wheel would be using identical switchgear to a 2-litre diesel E-class.

To be fair, regarding supercars , there has been an Aventador parked in / around the place which is possibly the owners.

I just cant imagine anyone contemplating going to a garage that sells cars starting at £3-£4k and buying one that is almost six figures but maybe thats just moi.

K
I know guys that sell £3-£4k cars like your fella, they definitely don't drive £100k vehicles about. SOR very likely.

Call me old-fashioned, but,whilst that is a stunning-looking piece of machinery all-in-all, I'm not sure how I'd feel spending six figures on a car when the everyday experience behind the wheel would be using identical switchgear to a 2-litre diesel E-class.

I was thinking something similar. Regardless of the technical wizardry, the whole car doesn't look like £120k. If I were spending that kind of money on a car, I'd want every trip to feel like a sense of occasion.

The Alfa Spider in the original advert has more style about it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom