AMG GTc or SL63?

• Thread starter Deleted member 150136
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
🤣 I think the SLS cabrio will be out of my price range....but now you've got me thinking again 🤔

Forget about the house - live in the car. Can't do the other way around.

🤣 I think the SLS cabrio will be out of my price range....but now you've got me thinking again 🤔
They’re retailing at dealers from around £110k but they hang around and so a £100k car isn’t difficult to imagine. I can’t see an SLS drop in value with occasional use.

GT C have dropped like a stone, and well below that for early cars but I can’t help but think that they will continue to depreciate once the current bubble bursts.

They’ve held firm or increased slightly over the last year or so. An acquaintance who buys such cars said he’s lying £10k more now for a GT C than he did 12 months ago.

I can’t see that persisting for long though, it’s a function of all used car values firming up. That said I can’t see them depreciating at the same rate as they did before.

When you take that potential depreciation into account then it might actually end up costing less to buy the SLS than the GT C if you buy the right car at the right price.

Definitely worth thinking about.

Far fewer SLS roadsters than GT roadsters, which helps SLS from residuals perspective

I have driven a fair few SL63s over the years, and they are great cars, but a bit too lux barge for my liking. Also the styling of the later models is a bit marmite in my opinion. Having lived with the 5.5l M157 in my old E63, its a great engine, but it has absolutely nothing on the new 4.0 Bi-Turbos. Both the sound, and the response of the 4.0 is miles better, and gone is that gear change lag that I grew to hate over the 4 years of ownership of the E63.

I now own an AMG GTS, and I couldn't be happier with it. Calm and comfortable on those long stints, and an absolute weapon when I want to have fun or take it to track. It can rock a Tux or a Race Suit, a real car for all occasions.

It has a drama factor to it no other MB has, the proportions are silly yet beautiful at the same time. There isn't a bad angle on the GT at all.

Agree on the SLS - if you can stretch to it it will pay off financially plus you get the rarity - you will have seen this one I am sure, but as the quote earlier, £100-105k seem to be priced to sell....

Agree on the SLS - if you can stretch to it it will pay off financially plus you get the rarity - you will have seen this one I am sure, but as the quote earlier, £100-105k seem to be priced to sell....

Don’t post a link to that one, I was saving that one for myself!

Why did you do that! My mate is good mate with the guy who owns redline!
🤪
It's only half an hour down the road.

🤣🤣🤣 Ad says it is just in (although they often do) but it looks like a good'un so probably wont hang around -lovely looking car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom