AMG GTS Preview Day

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
http://youtu.be/QWiAsOdcROQ

For anyone who likes snazzy indicators and AMG switchable exhaust sounds:bannana:

rsvgreg

Car
CLK63 AMG, CLK55, Audi Q7-4.2, A6-4.2, Ducati Monster 1200S, Aprillia RSV1000R, A210 LWB
Thanks . Perhaps I missed it but I could not tell where this footage was shot at. Looks like a corner of MB World, but could be a local dealer. Interested if you know where it was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
It was taken at MBworld today. It's very nice but 100k ?

Simon_M

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mini & Porsche
Is it just me or does it sound a bit weak, even when the exhaust is switched to loud?

Maybe I have rose-tinted glasses, but when my old C63 was started up in the showroom it sounded as if the hounds of hell had been unleashed from beelzebub's bowels, that just just sounds a bit like an M3 (from the outside).

Looks nice, and love the Audi style indicators.

doughboy

Car
2014 E63 AMG Estate
Sounds like my M157 E63 on start up?

Road car V8 with turbos, only so much you can do with it, it's NEVER gonna sound like the M156 or a NA V8.

sjmaxwell

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2012 E Class E63 PPP, 2012 SLK55 AMG
I suppose it depends on how much choke is applied, my M157 on cold start these morning sounds angier than a bee hive being opponed up by Winnie the Pooh! :bannana:

rsk21

Car
German and British
doughboy said:
Sounds like my M157 E63 on start up? Road car V8 with turbos, only so much you can do with it, it's NEVER gonna sound like the M156 or a NA V8.

With one or two tweaks the current bi turbo sounds at least as good in my opinion as the N/a engine.

doughboy

Car
2014 E63 AMG Estate
For me it's not the exhaust note, which has always been secondary and more about what people outside can hear.

It's induction noise that I love and you can never have that on a FI car.

But turbo motors have their own unique character which can be appreciated too.

daveenty

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S63 Coupe
Once you move the restriction by getting rid of the squashed factory downpipes then you're into a different world of noise, including noticeably hearing the turbos spooling :)

I'm sure that someone will have an option out for these new "hot V" engines very soon.

Ginger55k

Car
2 taxis Serviced by PCS
Once you move the restriction by getting rid of the squashed factory downpipes then you're into a different world of noise, including noticeably hearing the turbos spooling :)

Having driven Dave's :devil: lovely noise on the way up as the turbos spool up then the mighty bark, then lift off and wow, my 55 only gives me aural pleasure on the way up:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom