AMG GTS Preview Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks . Perhaps I missed it but I could not tell where this footage was shot at. Looks like a corner of MB World, but could be a local dealer. Interested if you know where it was taken.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was taken at MBworld today. It's very nice but 100k ?

Is it just me or does it sound a bit weak, even when the exhaust is switched to loud?

Maybe I have rose-tinted glasses, but when my old C63 was started up in the showroom it sounded as if the hounds of hell had been unleashed from beelzebub's bowels, that just just sounds a bit like an M3 (from the outside).

Looks nice, and love the Audi style indicators.

Sounds like my M157 E63 on start up?

Road car V8 with turbos, only so much you can do with it, it's NEVER gonna sound like the M156 or a NA V8.

I suppose it depends on how much choke is applied, my M157 on cold start these morning sounds angier than a bee hive being opponed up by Winnie the Pooh! :bannana:

doughboy said:
Sounds like my M157 E63 on start up? Road car V8 with turbos, only so much you can do with it, it's NEVER gonna sound like the M156 or a NA V8.

With one or two tweaks the current bi turbo sounds at least as good in my opinion as the N/a engine.

For me it's not the exhaust note, which has always been secondary and more about what people outside can hear.

It's induction noise that I love and you can never have that on a FI car.

But turbo motors have their own unique character which can be appreciated too.

Once you move the restriction by getting rid of the squashed factory downpipes then you're into a different world of noise, including noticeably hearing the turbos spooling :)

I'm sure that someone will have an option out for these new "hot V" engines very soon.

Once you move the restriction by getting rid of the squashed factory downpipes then you're into a different world of noise, including noticeably hearing the turbos spooling :)

Having driven Dave's :devil: lovely noise on the way up as the turbos spool up then the mighty bark, then lift off and wow, my 55 only gives me aural pleasure on the way up:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom