Amg gts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

acej

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E63S
Review to come

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150515_101327.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150515_101327.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ForumRunner_20150515_101342.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150515_101342.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20150515_101354.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150515_101354.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 100
  • ForumRunner_20150515_101409.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150515_101409.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 99
  • ForumRunner_20150515_101425.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150515_101425.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
When did Porsche merge with AMG division then ! ;)

What a Beeeauty!

Wow! Stunning!
So.... Will we all being seeing this tomorrow???!!

NB I am afraid not

It's broken back at the dealer with an error code. Full review later

but it was fun while it lasted. Updates later

Attachments

• image-4145065695.jpg
    image-4145065695.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 70
Ok so an interesting day. My baseline is my current sl63 231 which is running mid 700bhp and 1200nm of torque so the GT had a lot to live upto. This car just looks so much better in the flesh than pictures. Menacing and such a wide and low stance. I had three people stop traffic coming the other way to talk to me across the road and so many turned heads. As a few have said on the forum it does look like it's made from the best bits of the SLS and the 991. The standard 19" and 20" wheels in grey look better in my opinion than the optional light weight alternatives.

The cabin in my car had standard seats and silver carbon pack which looked good but the large centre console could of done with some toning down maybe with the black carbon pack. The driving position is superb and you feel that the car is wrapped around you and as mentioned in another post the wheel is great. There are some really nice touch such as the carbon support strut behind the seats and timing sun visitors which are perforated to reduce weight. The boot is much bigger so more practical for a weekend Way (one for my misses),

The controls are high quality and the info system will require some getting used to be seemed good. I didn't try out the stereo.

I only drove the car in s+ and race mode and its rapid upto just north of 70 maybe quicker than the SL due to traction but after that fell back a bit but it is over 200bhp down. The handling is fantastic like its on rails and the steering is spot on. I have owned a m156, m157 and must say out of the box this engine is the best of them all, instant shove.

The biggest improvement is the gearbox a weak area in other AMG's, in race mod it just changes gear as you would want it to no thinking they are just there. The sound is just well the best I have heard it growls, bangs pops it just makes you feel good. I haven't driven many cars that offer such an exciting package at this price range.

My only down point is the car enjoyed my company so much that it decided to throw a fault and disable the doors and wouldn't let me out. I did contemplate going all dukes of hazard and staying with it but I am just to fat to squeeze out of the tiny side windows so had to return to the dealer. They freed me and got the doors working again but as the error hadn't cleared it was taken back and they gave me another courtesy car until I could get back to their other branch to collect the SL. So now I have to decide if the SL which I do love gets chopped in for a 1sep delivery. And if I do I will have the colour quandary like Andrew.

Sounds like quite a serious fault if you ask me, not for the claustrophobic!

Nice summary there, and encouraging that you've also got good experience of the 6.2 and 5.5 yet also agree that this 4.0 is the best. Isn't the sound on the overrun and on downshift absolutely intoxicating?!? :)

The colour quandary though....I just can't decide. I'm now thinking the red I've got isn't that bad. I just wish I was happy with grey!

Palmball said:
The colour quandary though....I just can't decide. I'm now thinking the red I've got isn't that bad. I just wish I was happy with grey!

The one they have offered me is the following spec but I have until June 26th to change it.

Same red as yours
The standard grey alloys
Premium pack
Silver pack
Drivers pack

Thinking of adding ceramics and either can't make my mind up if I want the silver or night pack and I was looking at the light weight wheeLs but I prefer the standard design.

Colour!! My last two cars have been grey....£10k for yellow?? It's playing havoc with me.

My take on colour is that exciting cars like this should be exciting colours.

I would have yellow. If I had the money for a GT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom