Amg gts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigrichw

Car
CLS 55
Actually saw one on the M1 yesterday in the flesh. That's one hell of a good looking car. Seriously nice. One day Rodney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant wait for the GTC cabrio........and can't afford one either!

RR

Cant wait for the GTC cabrio........and can't afford one either!

RR

Really not a fan - think a fabric roof ruins so many cars. I wish Audi, Merc, Porsche would follow suit and do the proper folding hardtop spyders like Ferrari & Mclaren - Hell, even BMW are doing them now on the 4 series.

Really not a fan - think a fabric roof ruins so many cars. I wish Audi, Merc, Porsche would follow suit and do the proper folding hardtop spyders like Ferrari & Mclaren - Hell, even BMW are doing them now on the 4 series.

That'd be an SL then.

I also don't like fabric roofs.

I must say I don't care if it's a hard top or a fabric roof, I normally have the roof down all the time it's not raining. I drove an SLK 55AMG for 4 years and a Honda S2000 for 5 years before that.

I only think there are a couple of mainstream cars that carry off the hard top thing successfully and that's the SLK(C) and the MX5, most folding top cars have a fat @rse like the BMW 3 series, Z4 and a variety of Peugeots. The SL is only 50/50 in that regard too. The Targa roofed Porsche nearly carries it off, but then it's not a real convertible without a flat rear deck.

The other issue of course is weight, and that weight is where it most affects a cars handling most, roof up high up on the car, roof down above the rear wheels affecting balance.

Just my thoughts.

RR

If you think you want a GTS now, you'll kill for one after driving it. Just as easy to drive as a hatchback but doesn't lose any of the specialness like a lot of 'friendly' cars do.

With the fixed spoiler option hiding that odd kink at the rear it's a beautiful car.

I must say I don't care if it's a hard top or a fabric roof, I normally have the roof down all the time it's not raining. I drove an SLK 55AMG for 4 years and a Honda S2000 for 5 years before that.

I only think there are a couple of mainstream cars that carry off the hard top thing successfully and that's the SLK(C) and the MX5, most folding top cars have a fat @rse like the BMW 3 series, Z4 and a variety of Peugeots. The SL is only 50/50 in that regard too. The Targa roofed Porsche nearly carries it off, but then it's not a real convertible without a flat rear deck.

The other issue of course is weight, and that weight is where it most affects a cars handling most, roof up high up on the car, roof down above the rear wheels affecting balance.

Just my thoughts.

RR

Hard top that doesn't fold always looks best :)

12 months on still enjoying mine. Stick it in comfort mode and it's just like driving a normal car.

Urrhh no fabric roof please... it would spoil such a great looking car...
Weistec Gts

Hard top that doesn't fold always looks best :)

Sorry I'm just a tart who'd like to hear that M178 engine with the roof down on a sunny Sunday morning blast through the Yorkshire dales or the North Pennines.......

Come on the GTC doesn't look that bad, especially with the roof down.

RR

I like the new gtc, wider than a gts at the rear , must look a beast being followed. The rear wheels are 12in on 325 tyres.

Sorry I'm just a tart who'd like to hear that M178 engine with the roof down on a sunny Sunday morning blast through the Yorkshire dales or the North Pennines.......

Come on the GTC doesn't look that bad, especially with the roof down.

RR

Not saying it looks bad, just prefer tin tops. However, I thought the soft top SLS looked far better than the tin top but that was mostly down to way they messed it up trying to get those silly doors in. A tin top SLS with normal doors might have been a looker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom