AMG II Treat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Usuf_x

Car
E240 Avantagarde Estate
As some of you may know or not but I have had a set of AMG II Staggered sitting in the garage (over a year) waiting on me to make them look nicer but the truth was I just not had the time nor money to sort them out.

But my rear wheels were close to the limit so I thought instead why not put them on and see....

And to my surprise............

These are what I had on BEFORE

ABCD0003.jpg
[/IMG]

AFTER:thumb:

IMAG0375.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0364.jpg
[/IMG]

IMAG0373.jpg
[/IMG]

They really and truly change the appearance of the car!:bannana:

After doing this I feel like doing more mods....

Well done but I really cannot see any difference??

8530ae9a.gif
f8133239.gif

Last edited:
IMAG0375.jpg
[/IMG]

They really and truly change the appearance of the car!:bannana:

Hi

They look good mate! Nice one!

mazza

Well done but I really cannot see any difference??

I was talking about the difference between the original wheels compared to the AMG's. they fill up the wheel arch very nice but also give it an aggressive stance

He's joking.

They look really good. You have gas...what's it like?

Sorry Usuf_x :eek:

The new wheels look very good, a huge improvement, much more in keeping with the model :)

Where is the gas tank? Behind the seats or replacing the spare wheel?

no worries whitenemesis, i was not sure whether you could view all the pictures.

the tank is in the spare wheel well, a 56 ltr tank which gives on average 270 miles driving local and 320+ on motorways

very nice, the best AMG wheels in my opinion ever made.

That looks great :)

Not sure about where they have fitted the LPG filler though?

Those AMG II wheels are truly perfect looking for that period of models :cool: 18" would be even better :thumb: Pity they are rather heavy :( I have also debated going for other models, but I now have settled for these OE and not going to change them

Last edited:
Those AMG II wheels are truly perfect looking for that period of models :cool: 18" would be even better :thumb: Pity they are rather heavy :( I have also debated going for other models, but I now have settled for these OE and not going to change them

they are 18" and are a staggered set up:thumb:

and true they are heavy and I can feel the difference in the steering plus I think I will be filling up quicker than normal.... looks like it has some impact on the mpg lol

I think I might need to lower it a bit by (10mm )what do you guys think? if so will it hamper the self levelling suspension or a simple change of springs will be suffice?

Change for thinner pads as cheaper than springs :D It could be sufficient to get the look you want

Love the difference:

Before) Boring old estate
After)Beefy fantastic powerful estate!

wow this is new to me. didn't know there were different size pads.

how can i tell without taking apart the spring what pads i have on both the front and rear?

I have read that there are different depths of pads are these simple to changer? and what do these pads cost?

the pads cost a few pounds and pennies from the dealer not expensive.

if you are lucky you would be able to tell what type shims pads you have if the nibs or bumps are pointing towards the outside.

kneel down and have a peek, and feel for the bumps on the edge of the shims.

rear 1 to 3 bumps

front 1-4 bumps

1 obviously the thinnest, 4 thickest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom