Amg kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suds

Car
W202-230K, W220-S55
AMG Bodykit for W202

Can anyone help me find a kit for my 202?

I’ve made the decision after selling my S55 I’m going to put some money into my 230k and would like to improve the look of it along with some other modifications

Thanks

I wish you the best of luck finding the C36 parts.
If you want the C43 kit there are two sellers on ebay.

I wish you the best of luck finding the C36 parts.
If you want the C43 kit there are two sellers on ebay.

Thank you for your reply! :) I have looked at these and they’ve been up for a while. Not quite what I want to spend on a kit that’ll need painting

Worst thing my friend and I sold a 36 kit last year which was probably the best one I’ve seen recently along with the exhaust for £700. Yes I’m pissed off about it lol

I bet you regret what you did last year and now kicking your own head.

check german and UK ebay from time to time for C36 package it will eventually turn up but will be very steep.
sellers know they are selling rare stuff and will set the price high.
you can also check junkyards.

check german and UK ebay from time to time for C36 package it will eventually turn up but will be very steep.
sellers know they are selling rare stuff and will set the price high.
you can also check junkyards.
Haven’t tried the German eBay so will give that a go.
I’m happy to pay good money but not for tatty items. I understand things won’t also be mint but I do think people are asking for more than what a fair price would be for things hence why they have been up for a long time.

High demand for rare stuff like ancient AMG parts fetch high prices, sellers know this.
Seller will say take it or leave it, if you don't buy the stuff someone else probably will if in desperate need of specific part?
It' bad germans no longer have specific parts in stock at MB parts department.

High demand for rare stuff like ancient AMG parts fetch high prices, sellers know this.
Seller will say take it or leave it, if you don't buy the stuff someone else probably will if in desperate need of specific part?
It' bad germans no longer have specific parts in stock at MB parts department.
It is high demand yes but as you say it’ll be the people that really need it that’ll pay such money. these kits are getting rare but it’s not like you don’t see them up for sale.

I think I’ll hang on until I find one for a reasonable price. I know the market has gone up which is fine but some people are just fully trying it at the moment and I’m still upset that I got what I did for mine lol

Best advice is to wait and see what comes up?
Good luck.

@SG1 on here had a c36 kit a while back ?

For your info the last c36 kit I had went for £500 and that was 7 years ago. The last C43 kit I sold went for £700 and that was a good 5 years ago. They have become a lot rarer since then !

Reactions: SG1
@Petrol Pete @poormansporsche

Over the past few months when I wasn’t sure on what to do I have seen a few kits go complete ranging between £500 and £1000.

Of course they didn’t hang around long but well priced ones won’t will they

I’m not desperate for one at all so I’m happy to wait. Was just hoping someone could help me out with finding one that’s all

I’m open to any style kit really. Doesn’t have to be AMG I just know they’re the most common out of the lot

I’m open to any style kit really. Doesn’t have to be AMG I just know they’re the most common out of the lot

The AMG ones are the only choice really. The only others are the Carat one (bit boring really) Reiger (foooking ugly) and the Wald (Rarer and more expensive than any AMG one)

Thing to bear in mind. On the c36 kit the fog lights are NLA and have all been pinched by the 124 boys and are probably worth a fortune on their own. With the c43 kit the front bumper insert is NLA and a kit is worth a lot less without it. The person who bought my last C43 kit bought it just for bumper insert !

Still could be worse you should see the price of 190 cosworth kits. Back in the day I had 3 complete sets in the shed that' cost me less than 300 quid each. They now go for at least 2.5k a set :doh: which is substantially more than I got for the whole cars I put them on !

Dont forget you will need around £150s worth of HWA fixtures & fittings when attaching these.

Sorry mate what’s HWA? I’m pretty bad with abbreviations haha

HWA are a spin off company (much like AMG used to be) and on older Mercs, late 90s/early 00s most of the AMG kits used HWA fixures. - all available from dealerships.

Take a look at my old thread where I made my C240 into a C43 AMG clone:

The AMG ones are the only choice really. The only others are the Carat one (bit boring really) Reiger (foooking ugly) and the Wald (Rarer and more expensive than any AMG one)

Thing to bear in mind. On the c36 kit the fog lights are NLA and have all been pinched by the 124 boys and are probably worth a fortune on their own. With the c43 kit the front bumper insert is NLA and a kit is worth a lot less without it. The person who bought my last C43 kit bought it just for bumper insert !

Still could be worse you should see the price of 190 cosworth kits. Back in the day I had 3 complete sets in the shed that' cost me less than 300 quid each. They now go for at least 2.5k a set :doh: which is substantially more than I got for the whole cars I put them on !
Yeah that’s the thing I’ve seen bits a pieces floating around from other tuning companies but nothing complete

Yes I have seen that many kits are missing plenty of things. There is a chap on Facebook that has started producing the bumper covers which is helpful.

190 cosworth stuff is mental. A friend of mine has one with the kit on it and it does look mega. He did also get the cossie leather interior for it too at a small fortune. Crazy to see what prices were and what they have become.

I guess my tight **** will have to just hang around for a bargain

HWA are a spin off company (much like AMG used to be) and on older Mercs, late 90s/early 00s most of the AMG kits used HWA fixures. - all available from dealerships.
Ok mate cool! Thanks for that 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom