Amg m117 dohc 32v

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

48hp

Car
500SEC AMG WB, 500TE AMG, 500SL AMG
Hello there,

I recently picked up an early M117 5.0 DOHC AMG engine. :rock:

Most everything is there but it is missing a few bits...

Any suggestions on locating valves, springs, cups, retainers and two cam end cap covers would be much appreciated.

Also, I have the German version of 73 page AMG DOHC service manual. Does anyone have an English version?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Cheers,

Attachments

• IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 465
To quote from the funniest film of all time:
"You lucky, lucky bastrad!"

(I like it when a mispelling avoids the digital grammar police..........)

^ Where did you get those piccies from??

^ Where did you get those piccies from??

They are from freinds across the pond, not my cars I'm sorry to say!

Just incase anybody was wondering, the top picture is the AMG japan's answer to the Hammer, the bottom picture is of m117 32v.

Last edited:
Is anyone familiar with the evolution of the DOHC engines. Some differences I've noticed between this early version and later versions are the oil return lines on each head and the oil breather on each valve cover.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Late cast oil return flange:
web.jpg

The early tubular style:

web.jpg

The late valve cover breather:
web.jpg

Early external breather:

web.jpg

The earliest version without the external breather:

web.jpg

Did you contact Service European, what did they say?

See post #5, that's their car/engine, it's written all accross the windscreen. There is also a link to their contact details.......

I dont know if they could help, that sec has the later m119 in there. ;)

Not the same engine, thats M119 heads on the service european car.

I understand. But these guys and the other bloke who is selling his AMG 5.4 will no doubt have contacts and info that they may be willing to share. That's my contribution in anycase, I only hope it helps........

I understand. But these guys and the other bloke who is selling his AMG 5.4 will no doubt have contacts and info that they may be willing to share. That's my contribution in anycase, I only hope it helps........

Thanks for the heads up! I've got mail out and awaiting a reply.

Meanwhile, does anyone have valve, valve spring, cup and retainer specs? AMG often pulled bits off the MB shelf and merely modified them for their purposes. Any chance that would be the case on these?

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up! I've got mail out and awaiting a reply.

Meanwhile, does anyone have valve, valve spring, cup and retainer specs? AMG often pulled bits off the MB shelf and merely modified them for their purposes. Any chance that would be the case on these?

Thanks.

There are a lot of similarities between the late m117 and the early m119, wonder if the springs ect are the same? :dk:

Still searching for details/specs on this engine. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom