AMG Mercedes at auction.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would check if that's got and AMG works on it
Also it might be registered late but for a 93 it should have a different engine

If it has been touched by AMG that engine should be a 3.2

How about the AMG plaque? There's a photo that the car has an AMG plaque installed inside.

Thank you.

A japanese import so insurance will be a little more expensive and you have to take the mileage (km's) with a pinch of salt..

We just called admiral our insurers regarding this and the only stipulation they have is we ensure an alarm is fitted given that it's a import. Is there anything else we ought to be looking into?

The basic difficulty with Imports is that they will have different spec to UK-sourced cars.

In the first instance this mean that it can be difficult to compare prices with local cars of same age, unless you know for fact what the spec differences are.

The second potential issue is availability of some spare parts. This is something I have encountered in the past with Imports. While most parts are the same as UK cars, you do get the odd part that isn't (usually trim bits) and then it's special order from the Continent etc.

The third issue is that if you do not intend to keep it for very long, then come sell time it may difficult to shift, or at any rate it may not get local UK car price. Some people do not like Imports, while others will only buy them at bargain price.

In short, you may have no issue at all with the car or price, the main difficulty is the general uncertainty given the above.

They come with very little under body protection so that would need to be addressed.

I've not looked at this specific car but from my days when I imported a Japanese import i recall the following:

Poor, if any, underseal
Radio frequencies pretty useless for UK stations
No rear foglight
Speedo in KMs
They smell funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom