Amg monoblocks refurbishment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys
Got a set of Amg mono 2 in 18" they are as you can see in a rough condition and planing to refurbish them
Doing the inner part in black and the outer lips diamond cut polished or shall I keep them in original silver?
Any tips suggestions and advices will be very much appreciated

Last edited:
The car is in silver as in this pic but it's w208 model

Last edited:
Those centres are gunmetal grey.

Should look ok , i think the grey and silver works better than black and silver personally. Bit more subtle , not so 'in your face' but it depends on what you want.

Don't tint the lights and all the windows though like that 'example' lol :fail

Don't tint the lights and all the windows though like that 'example' lol :fail

:p

18thJuly2013045.jpg

24thJuly2013013.jpg

Well, I like it. :)

Can't see any gangsta front window tints , nor Barry tinted headlights on that nice silver estate Paul ?

Can't see any gangsta front window tints , nor Barry tinted headlights on that nice silver estate Paul ?

The fronts are tinted, just not as dark as the rears. Can't believe people do the windscreen and lights, though. :crazy:

Silver clk's look rubbish with tints, wagons you can get away with it. I personally think black wheels don't suit Mercedes silver. I have light anthracite on my monoblocks will post a pic later.

Silver clk's look rubbish with tints, wagons you can get away with it. I personally think black wheels don't suit Mercedes silver. I have light anthracite on my monoblocks will post a pic later.

Depends on the CLK. Some won't look the same without the tints:

kleemann_5_big.jpg

kleemann_6_big.jpg

clk.jpg

my w202 with light antracite monoblocks

IMG_20140311_103717_818_zpse106ba26.jpg

IMG_20140311_103733_872_zps9f5b5e11.jpg

They are actually Seat Cupra grey which is actually a bit darker than the pics and have a very pronounced fleck in sunlight

keep them original.... imo split rim wheels look best when the centres are painted a different colour not one piece..... and style 2's really dont do the look any justice and vice versa..

poormansporsche said:
My silver CLK with silver monoblocks
Are they 18" ?

yep 18 by 8" all round - would look even better if yours have the 9" rears

heres some black monoblocks on my 190

13dwimag0229.jpg

poormansporsche said:
yep 18 by 8" all round - would look even better if yours have the 9" rears heres some black monoblocks on my 190
Yeah I hope that's how mines going to look like
What tyre size is the best for the rears 9"?

Dunno as I only had the 8's on the rear. I'm sure someone will be along soon to advise !

Picked up my wheels yesterday here a picture of one

Last edited:
Mine fitted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom