AMG option packs - drivers and performance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can’t be certain regarding the CLS63, but on the E63 in addition to the physical options (body coloured boot-lip spoiler, electric rear blind and top speed limiter raised from 155mph to 186mph) the AMG Driver’s Package also included “Attendance at an AMG ‘Power & Passion’ driving event”.

The AMG Performance Package Plus was the one that gave increased engine power, red brake calipers, electric rear blind (again!), carbon-fibre boot-lip spoiler and a carbon-fibre engine cover.

The important bit is that the PPP gives higher power output, but only the Driver’s Package changes the speed limiter.

I was under the impression my pre-facelift e63 is a ppp car, its got factory LSD but it doesn't have red brake calipers. I will have to double check the data card again

I was under the impression my pre-facelift e63 is a ppp car, its got factory LSD but it doesn't have red brake calipers. I will have to double check the data card again
PPP came with red brake calipers as standard, but it could be specified with silver calipers as a further option.

Factory LSD was always a stand alone option, and was never part of any option package.

PPP came with red brake calipers as standard, but it could be specified with silver calipers as a further option.

Factory LSD was always a stand alone option, and was never part of any option package.
Thanks,

I just checked the build sheet and found

P30 amg performance pack
471 lsd
B06 silver calipers
923 output increase of engine

I just checked the build sheet
So whoever spec’d the car originally decided they wanted silver calipers - for whatever reason.

FWIW, I have a pdf copy of the price list that details all the option prices from 2012. PM me your email address if you want a copy.

I've just read my build sheet and only just noticed it has an 80 ltr tank (c63) 😳

Im not going to argue i always thought it was 66ltr ,i know it takes more than £90 to fill it

Attachments

• IMG-20210723-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210723-WA0000.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 5
Tbh it also states Burmester sound system which wasn't available on the w204 🙄

So whoever spec’d the car originally decided they wanted silver calipers - for whatever reason.

FWIW, I have a pdf copy of the price list that details all the option prices from 2012. PM me your email address if you want a copy.
Silver look better imo especially on the black car but down to individual taste I suppose.

The fuel tank is 66 litres on a 204 C63.

Most I've ever put in was 66.6 litres, that was as close to running out as I'd ever want to come!

I've never ran it lower than half which if i remember correctly cost me £58 @£1.40 ltr

That's actually about 60% used so it's like all other cars I've ever owned where the first 'half' lasts longer than the second. Probably because you are able to get in more than the official capacity when filling up.

I'd want to see the Vin# and datacard for the CLS in question.
I'm sure the seller would furnish any prospective buyer with that info to check on the options fitted.
Has some nice options if the advert is correct, but that black interior would put me off.

Its definitely not got ceramic brakes or interior carbon pakage

I can't get to Portsmouth this weekend so if it's still there next week I'll give them a call. I'd prefer not a black interior but realistically with 2 anklebiters it's a tad more practical.
I sort of understand the gdpr issue over vins etc but it is a real pita all the same.
I'd like the options listed but equally when I did have a car with ceramic brakes I was terrified of any damage as replacements are so expensive. They made a funny noise when properly wet too.

^ On a road car, I don't feel ceramic brakes are necessary considering how good the standard brakes on a E/CLS63 pull up.
Different story if its being tracked regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom