AMG Performance Day at dealership

Discussion in 'AMG Lounge' started by Beefy84, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Beefy84

Beefy84 Active Member

Car:
    C63 AMG Coupe
    Hi guys, thought I'd briefly tell you about my fun morning!

Got an email through a week or two back inviting me to attend an AMG Performance Tour day at my dealership. Had no idea on the format or what to expect apart from on signup they asked which AMG's I was interested in (all!) so I presumed I get a close up look at them. Anyway, I went this morning to find I had a choice of most of the AMG range in front of me to take for a spin with a pro driver at my side, unbelievable! I was like a kid in a candy store! Just a few very brief observations...

Given that I currently have the C63 Coupe I went for the C63S first as realistically it's what I'd be most likely to change to. It was a black saloon and it was great. I'm still not completely sold on the exterior looks of the new C class, especially from the rear. Personally I think the estate looks better than the saloon, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new coupe. One of the biggest faults I've found on my current C63 is the amount of rattles from the interior which can be seriously frustrating at times. Stepping into the new C63 it's obvious that the quality of the interior has been taken up a notch or two. It's a very nice place to be with some nice new features like HUD (not sure if this is standard?) and a bit more flexibility with settings for ride/exhaust etc. It also sounded excellent, when I finally got out of the car I felt envious that it popped and banged so much more than mine...I can feel some secondary cat gutting coming on soon! It had a much deeper growl too and it was nice being able to hear the turbos do their thing.

Next up I had to have a go in the G63! I've loved these things for as long as I can remember and if I won the lottery it would definitely be one of the first cars I would buy. Given that it is shaped like a brick and isn't much of a lightweight it goes very well with the foot to the floor thanks to that monster under the bonnet, although it doesn't take too long for the wind noise to pick up with the vertical windscreen! It felt pretty lazy on the steering after jumping out of the C63 but this thing was never designed for going round corners fast! Super cool side exit exhausts which never grow old and an interior which has been bought as up to date as possible and looks like all other modern Mercs. I absolutely loved it!

Finally I had to go for the AMG GTS, it was calling me! This car is epic! Things that stood out the most?...The noise is like no other AMG I've heard, louder, deeper and growlier if that's a word, just awesome. What also stuck in my mind was how easy and comfy it was to drive. I found the driving position spot on and the car just felt totally planted. Not intimidating in any way, like an everyday super car.

Just a very brief review of my thoughts and the cars. If anyone gets one of these invites and the chance to go I highly recommend it.

5 people like this.
  2. garymj

garymj Member

Car:
    mercedes AMG GTS
    I had a test drive in a gts few weeks back, amazing car pictures don't do it justice, not to struck on the colour, bright blue metallic. Just got to wait till 4th of october for mine. Starting to get excited now.

3. OP
    OP
    Beefy84

Beefy84 Active Member

Car:
    C63 AMG Coupe
    The one I was in today was blue, not what I'd chose but still thought it looked very nice. The G wagon was red which really grew on me, it was just nice to see one not in black!

Attached Files:

4. garymj

garymj Member

Car:
    mercedes AMG GTS
    very nice, the one I drove had the chrome pack, but the colour is a bit in your face for me. I have gone for the Selenite grey.