AMG performance exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Germgh0st

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
BMW G20 M340i
Does anyone on here have a 2018 onwards C43 with the AMG performance exhaust? I'm trying to find out if it ends with the same round tailpipes as the standard exhaust or if it has the two rectangular tips split into two like the pre-2018 model? At a guess I would say it has as the rear bumper must be different?

Does anyone on here have a 2018 onwards C43 with the AMG performance exhaust? I'm trying to find out if it ends with the same round tailpipes as the standard exhaust or if it has the two rectangular tips split into two like the pre-2018 model? At a guess I would say it has as the rear bumper must be different?

The performance exhaust has never changed the look, only the sound. On the pre facelift all C43 had the more square tips and the facelift the quad round tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and probably a sound generator in the boot. One feature mentioned in my "face lift" vision was a sports exhaust......mine has a sound generator in the boot...

and probably a sound generator in the boot. One feature mentioned in my "face lift" vision was a sports exhaust......mine has a sound generator in the boot...
the best part of the sound generator is it plays live sound around the cabin, rather than a contrived soundtrack like another popular German manufacturer whose name I won't mention on this forum...

the best part of the sound generator is it plays live sound around the cabin, rather than a contrived soundtrack like another popular German manufacturer whose name I won't mention on this forum...

Mine has the "outlet" going out the boot toward the ground - big football sized thing with a 2" pipe coming out of it - I keep meaning to remove the moulded foam insulation around it and see (hear?) what it sounds like.

I don't know if it's the way I'm wired or I'm just plain old fashioned, I have an irrational hate of contrived soundtracks. Some cars sound plain silly with them but others may add to the "feel good" factor and journalists now praise them for their "lovely sporty" noise. But for me.... no...I just don't like them - it's knowing that it's not real :confused:

I don't know if it's the way I'm wired or I'm just plain old fashioned, I have an irrational hate of contrived soundtracks. Some cars sound plain silly with them but others may add to the "feel good" factor and journalists now praise them for their "lovely sporty" noise. But for me.... no...I just don't like them - it's knowing that it's not real :confused:

I never knew my car had it and never thought that the sound was not " authentic" until I was stripping the boot to see if some custom luggage I wanted would fit.

Agreed and very true. A lot of W204 63 folks dont like the 205 because of its toggle-able exhaust flaps but a personal criticism that i have with pre-facelift 205 at least is the rather excellent noise insulation really prevents me hearing the exhaust notes or pops while the people outside get to hear the full soundtrack in all its glory.

I resort to keeping my windows down or moonroof open in the winter to get some sound track and freeze half to death, or folding the rear seats down. While my teeth are busy chattering away, i cant help but wonder whether I would prefer it if the actual live exhaust note were amplified in the cabin (i'm not talking fake BMW soundtrack which isnt live sound amplified at all, but rather a different sound that the exhaust could have had)...

I suppose it is the way cars are going - even F1 has challenges because the cars are so quiet these days.

I guess you're talking about the visible exhaust tips at the rear of the car, the facelift C43 has round tips no matter whether it has performance exhaust or standard exhaust.
Mine is the C43 coupe, which comes with performance exhaust as standard and looks like this:
45590517484_22f4c11674_k.jpg

I suppose it is the way cars are going - even F1 has challenges because the cars are so quiet these days.

I think you're right there and it will be done subtly like in your case. I've seen someone driving in to work at my offices in a SL400 (shared office car park so I don't know the owner) and I would say it does sound subtle and not in your face. It kind of purrs. In contrast, someone else driving in with an M4 and I can hear it fart and squirt. I'm walking into work so I'm hearing it as a passer-by and there is a10mph speed limit and speed bumps so we are talking near to idle speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom