AMG plate surrounds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
Old number plates were looking a bit shabby so I decided to order a new set. Wanted to customise them but wary that anything added to the actual plate would fail the MOT and risk me getting a tug.

So, after a bit of searching I came across these MERCEDES AMG Autohaus Number Plate Surrounds X 2 and ordered a set.

Easy to fit (just unscrewed the old surrounds and offered up the new ones using the same screw holes) and the plate is held in securely by the bottom part (with the writing/logo on) which clips in and out as required.

Still legal as all the additional graphics etc. are on the surround. Decent quality too (made in Germany is stamped on each one.)

Attachments

• Front plate.jpg
    Front plate.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Rear plate.jpg
    Rear plate.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 162
Always been a fan of number plate surrounds and anything with Stuttgart written on makes it look the ********. Nice touch.

That was supposed to say bullocks.

I bought a set of plate surrounds that say just 'Mercedes Benz' and the tree-pointed star logo.

Didn't think of Stutgart.... :)

Nice touch!

Thanks chaps - funny how a new set of plates really smarten up a car...

Have to say, those do look neat and tidy - not too fussy and the clean-looking plates are a real improvement over what is on my car. Might have to go the same way, tbh.

Put a similar set on mine a while ago though decided, after a good dose of looking at, that the writing on the bottom strip was a bit too much for me, though there was a bit more of it than on yours.

Being a tight Northerner, instead of buying another set I just rubbed it down to flat it off and painted it with some black gloss I had kicking about. To me it looks much better, though still a bit heavy.

I also experimented by cutting an old set of plates and frames down as it's a 5 digit plate on the car, but for some reason it looked awful when fitted. :(

I went with the Silver border on mine to break the black up abit.

merc85-albums-brutus-detail-6-3-17-picture10545-p1010002.jpg

Put a similar set on mine a while ago though decided, after a good dose of looking at, that the writing on the bottom strip was a bit too much for me, though there was a bit more of it than on yours.

Being a tight Northerner, instead of buying another set I just rubbed it down to flat it off and painted it with some black gloss I had kicking about. To me it looks much better, though still a bit heavy.

I also experimented by cutting an old set of plates and frames down as it's a 5 digit plate on the car, but for some reason it looked awful when fitted. :(

Did you have the ones like mine Dave, with the Brabus and AMG stuff on? Must admit I'm also thinking it's a bit much and thinking of replacing with a plain set..slightly kicking myself, MB Liverpool tried to give me a set of plain black plate holders when I got them to make up the personalised plates..

Did you have the ones like mine Dave, with the Brabus and AMG stuff on?

Yep. Bought from the bay of dreams on a him to replace the frankly awful ones the dealer supplied the car with. :mad:

10 minutes back and front with a Scotchbrite pad, a couple of squirts of primer, flatted again and then finished with a black rattle can. :cool:

The first time I viewed my car I thought...if I have it, first thing to go is the ugly plate holders. Not a fan myself! Too clunky looking for me.

Can I have your opinions on whether you think mine would look better with a set like the ones the OP has fitted..

Mine currently has borderless plate holders

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Cheers

Can I have your opinions on whether you think mine would look better with a set like the ones the OP has fitted..

Mine currently has borderless plate holders

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

Cheers

I like the borderless plate holders best.

I have the same ones, or similar to Dave and the OP but must admit I think I prefer the plain plate that was on the car before the private plate was changed.
DSCF0094_zpsc8t2ksef.jpg

SNV30461_zps99a03f73.jpg

I have the same ones, or similar to Dave and the OP but must admit I think I prefer the plain plate that was on the car before the private plate was changed.
DSCF0094_zpsc8t2ksef.jpg

SNV30461_zps99a03f73.jpg

Same as mine Roger, they are Wurth.Just not sure- I'd have liked ideally a black surround with just the AMG on, nothing else.....right I'm on a search now!

If only the best is good enough for your car I recommend carsign.de. They are absolutely excellent and available in a variety of styles and finishes, but be warned they are VERY expensive.

I accept the writing/logos do make it look a bit busy and that the clean surrounds do look nice. Each to their own I suppose :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom