AMG PRIVATE LOUNGE REVAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teego

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55 AMG
This just came live today. Crock o' shite.
Why try to fix something that isn't broken?
It's clunkier than an old Wartburg smoker.
And how many euros do Daimler - Mercedes - AMG have in their digital marketing budget?
Certainly doesn't reinforce AMG image.

Still prefer this site... although that place is now easier to navigate around than it was, I know on here if I needed to find something then I could find it in less than a minute. Notifications and ease of thread subscription etc is much better on here

Still prefer this site... although that place is now easier to navigate around than it was, I know on here if I needed to find something then I could find it in less than a minute. Notifications and ease of thread subscription etc is much better on here

I liked the PL because it's AMG specific, intercontinental contributors, good repartee with Dr Minivan, Bennede etc etc.
Can't understand how big budget Merc-AMG can get it so wrong while no budget MB Club is so easy to use.

Can you tell me if you can get on it at the moment.

I've just logged in, migrated my stuff, but when I try to access the actual Private Lounge, it doesn't load, the address bar for the signup page keeps refreshing but nothing actually loads on screen.

Can you tell me if you can get on it at the moment.

I've just logged in, migrated my stuff, but when I try to access the actual Private Lounge, it doesn't load, the address bar for the signup page keeps refreshing but nothing actually loads on screen.

I can't get access by entering the Migration code sent in the eMail. I'm informed there is a problem and to try later.
Why could exisiting members not be migrated by the site developer!

I'll try once more tomorrow and if I can't get on, my membership is over.

I’ve just tried to log in, it’s taking me back to the starter page to enter migration code etc... already done all that!

It’s becoming like the online enhanced dbs link site and that’s a ball ache in itself, I cba to type codes in and such again. Poor show

Worst thing is on the home page, I am already logged in with my avatar appearing in the corner :wallbash:

Did all the migration yesterday and was working and now broken!! Frustrating but not unexpected, after all look how bad Mercedes ME is - they just cant do the interweb at Mercedes :wallbash:

German websites are typically crap. Tried tourism, rentals etc?
I love the Krauts but they can be very binary.

For example, "Bitte ein Coca Cola*.
"We don't have Coca Cola".
"What do you have?"
"We have Fanta, Orangina, SevenUp, Pepsi".
"Why couldn't you just get me a Pepsi in the first place"?
"You didn't ask for a Pepsi".

Glad to know it's not just me who can't access it then, oh well, guess it'll be worth the wait judging by the above comments

German websites are typically crap. Tried tourism, rentals etc?
I love the Krauts but they can be very binary.

For example, "Bitte ein Coca Cola*.
"We don't have Coca Cola".
"What do you have?"
"We have Fanta, Orangina, SevenUp, Pepsi".
"Why couldn't you just get me a Pepsi in the first place"?
"You didn't ask for a Pepsi".

All you wanted was a Pepsi. Just one Pepsi and they wouldn't give it to you...

I think my defection has been noted, I didn’t get the migration email....ah well it wasn’t the fastest moving forum anyway

It's poor but, in reality, it's never been a first choice thing for me.

Apparently several anomalies will be getting looked into, namely the lack of "show new posts", but I won't be losing sleep over it.

It's poor but, in reality, it's never been a first choice thing for me.

Apparently several anomalies will be getting looked into, namely the lack of "show new posts", but I won't be losing sleep over it.
Where did you find that out Dave?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Not working for me now, did at the beginning

Poor show. First of all I never got a migration code sent to me (not in my spam folder either), I needed to request it. Then PL support sent this to me.

To access the new AMG Private Lounge, you will need to complete these steps:

1) Login with your Mercedes me ID

2) Link your existing AMG Private Lounge account to your Mercedes me ID.

The following provides a helpful overview to complete your new registration and enter the new AMG Private Lounge.

To get started, please follow these steps to complete your registration for the new AMG Private Lounge. Here you will find each step explained for completing your AMG Private Lounge registration.

Login with your Mercedes me ID

Log into the new AMG Private Lounge at www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge using your personal Mercedes me ID. If you don’t have a Mercedes me ID already, you can create it here.

Linking to your previous AMG Private Lounge account

After logging into the AMG Private Lounge, you will be prompted to choose an option. Please select option - “I am an existing user of the AMG Private Lounge”.

You also will be prompted to enter your existing AMG Private Lounge username and your unique migration code. Please enter the following:

Your username: (Deleted)

Your migration code: (Deleted)

Once completed, your existing AMG Private Lounge account will be linked to your Mercedes me ID and you will gain access the new AMG Private Lounge. Welcome!

Support

If you have any further questions or need assistance, please feel free to send us an email at [email protected].

Best regards,

Your AMG Private Lounge Team

I followed the above steps, but I keep getting “unable to verify your account”. This could be operator error, but reading all of your comments I guess the new system is having lots of issues.

No big loss, IMO 90% of the old forum content was BS, too focussed on American owners usually speaking #%^*$, although I found it handy for keeping an eye on UK meets.

I’d just about given up organising meets using AMG PL before the “upgrade “ , new site is a nail in coffin job , will be only using the “Events” forum on here from now on. We just need some club stickers please, happy to pay for one if the shop works ;)

I received the email on Thursday, as I was at a loose end I did the migration straight away.
Had a mooch around to see what was new, not been able to get in since.

I think I'll give it a miss for a while. I tried to log in yesterday and couldn't get past the front page. Truly dreadful piece of migration that is getting significant negative press so will try again in a week or so and then drop the email address a few thoughts if I still can't get in.

I get the following "We're sorry, we were not able to verify your account."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom