AMG Private Lounge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teego

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS55 AMG
Just wondering if anyone is still visiting the PL forum.I don't see any of the old UK regulars posting there.

I signed in twice just after the revamp. I was getting bored of the clicky postings before the maintenance, but the new layout sealed it for me.
I don't suppose it's got any better, so as the Dragons would say 'For that reason, I'm out'

I signed up again yesterday after not finding my migration code to log in with my old username.
Unfortunately it still seems very USA orientated.

Always a possibility, date and location dependant.
Living so far south makes for a long trip for me, but I've done a few MSL meets in Brum before but wouldn't want to travel much further north;)

Depending on how North in the Midlands you plan this meet, Chris :D
I could be interested depending on dates and location.

I’m organising a Hooters style gtg where we will have a bikini car wash - two buckets off course and a sensational bbq fully prepped by the Hooters staff with a side of rump if anyone fancies it but .... you need to get to Glasgow.

Yes, I dip in every couple of days to see if there is anything new of interest - but rarely is. Still too much rubbish from our North American cousins but at least I now have some understanding how their President got elected!

I’d be interested in a Midlands meet, I’m in Nottingham so no problem travelling.....

I’d be interested in a Midlands meet, I’m in Nottingham so no problem travelling.....

So can I ask people to post their interest in my Private Lounge thread

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/privat...html?filter=page+has+england_midlandsmee-kvmg

Several reasons for trying to organise this via PL:
If we get enough people signed up we could get official support from AMG PL.
AMG PL affiliation should give me more clout when talking to dealers
Trying to organise this stuff across more than one forum can be a nightmare - eh, Andy?

So can I ask people to post their interest in my Private Lounge thread

https://www.mercedes-amg.com/privat...html?filter=page+has+england_midlandsmee-kvmg

Several reasons for trying to organise this via PL:
If we get enough people signed up we could get official support from AMG PL.
AMG PL affiliation should give me more clout when talking to dealers
Trying to organise this stuff across more than one forum can be a nightmare - eh, Andy?

So why are you advertising your thread on here, a 'rival' forum?

I checked in again to update my profile, but as already said, it still seems biased to people across the pond, where as on here there’s a good mix of people and cars that you have a chance of meeting :):)

So why are you advertising your thread on here, a 'rival' forum?

He wants the publicity of MBClub and a free tat of PL.

Ban him.

:devil:

(Whoever got my cap from last PL meet, I want it back. You greedy Black Series owners you!!!11111!!1)

:D

Posting on here shouldn’t be a problem if “everyone is welcome”, unfortunately you are only welcome on AMG PL if you own an AMG as you can’t access it unless you own one. I’ve organised meetings across AMG PL , MBCLUB.co.uk and the “Official MB Club U.K.” at the same time with the caveat that “everyone is welcome” no matter what you turn up in.

I know only organise meetings via this forum as everyone is welcome with the proviso that you’re not expecting any AMG Tat , sorry freebies, are prepared to park next to anyone , and are not an a*** ;)

Last edited:
Posting on here shouldn’t be a problem if “everyone is welcome”, unfortunately you are only welcome on AMG PL if you own an AMG as you can’t access it unless you own one. I’ve organised meetings across AMG PL , MBCLUB.co.uk and the “Official MB Club U.K.” at the same time with the caveat that “everyone is welcome” no matter what you turn up in.

I now only organise meetings via this forum as everyone is welcome with the proviso that you’re not expecting any AMG Tat , sorry freebies, are prepared to park next to anyone , and are not an a*** ;)

I now only organise meetings via this forum as everyone is welcome with the proviso that you’re not expecting any AMG Tat , sorry freebies, are prepared to park next to anyone , and are not an a*** ;)

That's fine Andy. I'm sure there is space for "All welcome" meets as well as AMG PL meets. We have crossover interests. Last year I enjoyed a Pistonheads day at Oulton. I don't think it's a competition - just spread the word so people can pick up on what interests them.
Re the PL being too American. If nobody posts from outside the USA it will ever be so. Get posting and show the colonials what's happening this side of the pond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom