AMG Replica 18"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacCLS500

Car
CLS500
Not a great deal of experience regarding wheels but is the ebay item:
Item number: 270789514531
A set of replicas AMG 18" wheels. I think they would look great on my CLS500 but a bit dubious if they are not the real thing.

I can't speak with authority, but did hear that cheap wheels (and they are cheap) can have durability problems - thinner gauge, easier to buckle etc.

Safety first.

I'm not dissing all aftermarket - just the cheap ones.

What do you have on at present - any photos?

I can't speak with authority, but did hear that cheap wheels (and they are cheap) can have durability problems - thinner gauge, easier to buckle etc.

Safety first.

I'm not dissing all aftermarket - just the cheap ones.

What do you have on at present - any photos?

As picture standard MB wheels

Easier if you give the full link OP

18" MERCEDES C E S CLASS CL SL CLK SLK AMG ALLOY WHEELS | eBay

Got Reps on mine but they were 1K and are 19"

There are Reps around double the cost of the ones in your link which will be a better quality so I'd look for those if poss.

I agree with John that Reps will not be the quality of proper AMG wheels but Gen wheels are £3.5K so if they do buckle easier on a big Pot hole then replacement is far cheaper and over the whole time you own the Car will probably pay less.

No probs with mine so far and am running 30 series tyres as well!

IMG_0087.jpg

Agreed at £1000 J, but £400 for a full set would make me question why.

Thanks for the reply chaps, you are very correct regarding the quality my insurance would have been void as all parts must be OEM or an acceptable standard agreed by the insurance company so I am informed by an Insurance Investigator who just happens to be a family member. He is a bloody know all as well. May as well just save up and get the CLS65 AMG as I only do 3k per year the difference in running cost is nil LOL. Thanks for the replies chaps.

Save the £££'s, great looking car just as it is.

Very good point. A very bad habit to get into. The only change I am going to make will be to sell and purchase the AMG CLS55.

Very good point. A very bad habit to get into. The only change I am going to make will be to sell and purchase the AMG CLS55.

I you were to change, I'd be looking for AMG type 3 (not just because I've got them though) but they look a treat on CLS's.

Mcobinad has them on his, but he's banned - I'll see if I can get a pic from the other side.

Have a look here:
Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Various shots throughout the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom