amg s500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amg S500

Hi guys back to Merc after 3 b ems and an Audi RS6 , getting an AMG S500 Friday after full service and warranty health check mot ant taxed for full yr black with cream leather, only thing bad is dye transfer on to drivers seat will post thread to find out how to remove

Welcome to the forum.

There is no such thing as AMG S500! S500 are non AMG just a normal mercedes V8

It's either S55 AMG or S65 AMG!

Welcome to the forum.

:) Or an S500 with AMG kit or even worse an S500 with just an AMG badge :D

Anyway, welcome to the forum, enjoy your new car...

Not a lot wrong with an S500 ...............

Welcome to the forum.

'just a normal mercedes V8' that I wouln't mind a shot of!!

Nice car

Hey guys go to any Merc stealer and they will sell ell you an AMG S500 sure its an S500 with an AMG kit but Merc will still market it as an AMG S500

"Is it a real AMG?"

^^^ What every single person who has ever asked, has asked first :D

Hey guys go to any Merc stealer and they will sell ell you an AMG S500 sure its an S500 with an AMG kit but Merc will still market it as an AMG S500

Are you American?

In the UK there is no S500 AMG, they might put AMG wheels or an AMG badge on the back of it but the engine is not AMG. The 'normal' 500 is suprisingly powerful though!

Is it a 220 or 221?

Hey chaps, go easy on the new member :)

Welcome to the forum. It's a friendly place, honest. AMG badges are just a hot potato.

Christ i bet he regrets even posting on here now!! Presumably an S500 with AMG pack of some sort?? Nice car none the less......

no photos im off back to RS246 where there are less pompus gits and guys arnt so far up thier own A hole they can hold a decent convo Bye

You walk in to a pub and hear a few things you don't like. That doesn't make the whole pub bad.

Anyway, enjoy the car. :)

Excellent !

Don't get a strop on because someone tells you what you don't want to hear.

There was no S500 AMG , there was an S55 AMG though.

It may well have an AMG kit and wheels , but that doesn't make it an AMG.

Bye.

I know your car is very nice it's an S class after all that's all needed to be said.

You need to relax, nobody has said anything bad about your car we are just saying there is no such thing as a AMG S500.

no photos im off back to RS246 where there are less pompus gits and guys arnt so far up thier own A hole they can hold a decent convo Bye

291244864_5ebed99d55.jpg

You are of course welcome to come back when the guys on the other forum realise you haven't bought an AMG. Depending on the year of your car an AMG S-Class can only be a S55 AMG, S63 AMG or S65 AMG.

Still an S500 is an excellent car, you still haven't told us what model the car is yet. It could be either a W220 or W221 model.

Last edited:
Excellent !

Don't get a strop on because someone tells you what you don't want to hear.

There was no S500 AMG , there was an S55 AMG though.

It may well have an AMG kit and wheels , but that doesn't make it an AMG.

Bye.

I understand the point you're trying to make, but that does read a little harsh to me. I think you could have said those words to a more established member who was settled in, but to a new member?

Oh well, what's done is done :)

I wonder if the original poster genuinely thinks he is buying an AMG?

Coming from an RS6 I suspect he was looking for an AMG S-Class, perhaps he thought the 500 designation was relative to the output of the engine? I hope this isn't the case you would have thought the place he bought the car off would have mentioned that technically this car isn't an AMG....

I understand the point you're trying to make, but that does read a little harsh to me. I think you could have said those words to a more established member who was settled in, but to a new member?

Oh well, what's done is done :)

Read his post .... he's the one that got all aggressive from the off ...

'Up their own A-holes' , 'Pompous gits' etc ...

No great loss. It's just a shame if he's been duped into buying an AMG when it blatantly isn't ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom