AMG SE wheel change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talbir

MB Enthusiast
changed the wheels on my AMG SE on the weekend....previously i had Aero Is.

Gen II Facelift AMG Pentas fitted, color coded Signal Red.

This car was about to go to the scrapyard before i got my hands on it in early 2011. It was a stock 420SE....but a good combination of Signal Red and Black interior.

So i stripped the car down, sent to bodyshop who resprayed. I also got them to do the entire garnish mouldings in Satin Black for a red/black theme.

I then looked into my garage for spare AMG parts and essentially found a full Gen II AMG bodykit...rear bumper, side skirts and AMG Japan front bumper.

The only items i purchased were the yello fog lamps for the bumper, the Kamei boot spoiler and the Recaro CSEs. The recaros went cheap as they were both left hand seats but with the CSEs the control panel is lower than the bolster/base so it doesn't impede entry to seat on drivers side. Nice !

The car came with a lovely set of black sheepskin original Mercedes overmats and full working Scorpion alarm and stereo/CD, all period items.

I fitted Brabus springs with 1-nib pads and original AMG shocks all round. Handles very nice which is the beauty of SE's, they handle far better than the lanky SELs.

Also found the Silberpfeil AMG steering wheel in the garage and the original metal face AMG red speedo dials were in my white SEC....so transferred them over.

A couple of items i am doing in the coming weeks : Red curtains on the rear windscreen, AMG 3-piece split wheels, color coded centres/graphite black fasteners and finally original period AMG exhaust system.

For the drivetrain, a 5.0 M119 CIS will be fitted and mated to a 3.07 Gleason-Torsen Limited slip original AMG differential. Rare as Hen's teeth !

Attachments

• talbir 446.jpg
    talbir 446.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 90
  • talbir 477.jpg
    talbir 477.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 71
  • talbir 451.jpg
    talbir 451.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 84
You`re still alive and kicking then

Man, that red looks delicious when its fresh out the gun....

Did you not paint your widebody 190E the same colour?.... I remember you put a few pics of it up on here a few years back with it freshly back from the painters, seeing this one reminded me of those pics.... Did the 190E get finished??

hi Dash, just cracking on with in the background....plenty of stuff brewing though :)

Love it awesome mb.

Man, that red looks delicious when its fresh out the gun....

Did you not paint your widebody 190E the same colour?.... I remember you put a few pics of it up on here a few years back with it freshly back from the painters, seeing this one reminded me of those pics.... Did the 190E get finished??

You are spot-on....both are fresh signal red.

Almost finished that 190 Widebody..interior and exterior all done....just exhaust and engine finalisation left. Looks amazing, that's got black interior too...except it's cloth and Recaro Ideal Cs in black cloth. Superb combo.

These wheels came off the 190 Widebody ! The 190 Widebody and w126 can take the same width/offset of wheels, these facelift Pentas are the 8J x 16 et 11.

I put the red faced Aero Is onto the 190 Widebody !

thanks
talbir

Talbir:What`s the crack with the 500TE and you never posted pictures of the bornite 500

Patience my friend....i haven't still registered the Bornite yet, that's how busy life is....but will do soon buddy.

thanks
talbir

Patience my friend....

You must have plenty of it,saying that look who`s talking.Can`t even finish one car :doh:

and i keep buying BMWs to distract me from my existing projects.....got an Alpina B10 E39 last month following the 750iL Alpina i got in August !

it's not a hobby, it's a disease !

This original AMG car in the picture below was my inspiration for going with facelift AMG Penta wheels....very rare and really give the car some aggression. Split OZ rims are very common now, these facelift Penta's are super rare on a w126.

Note the black car is a similar theme to my red one in this thread.

Red curtains are ready and will be fitted to the rear screen tomorrow....

talbir

Attachments

• amg-500sel-16.jpg
    amg-500sel-16.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 32
Yes its funny how many people seem to have the split rims now.

Interested to see the red curtains. Did you get some made up especially, using OE fastenings? I had my rear screen curtains replicated by a seamstress, she found it a major challenge though.

My wife makes all the w126 curtains for me - she used an original as a template once, and now she reels them off in no time. That said, my wife makes full costumes, so curtains are easy peasy.

I get the material from a fabric shop - material that has the elasticity as per original material. The challenge is more on the tie-backs where the titch buttons need to be machine pressed in as normal sew-on buttons pull apart too easy under the stretch load.

The original curtains were made from polyester so cannot be dyed.

Yep and split rim AMG 3-pieces are common as muck now. So much so, i just took the black color coded set off my black 500E....not only are they common, they are also too small for the more modern cars lke 500Es where anything less than 18 inch starts to look odd.

cheers
talbir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom