AMG seat badge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
Swmbo has arrived home and presented me with the drivers AMG seat badge (why do they always break things?!). It has 2 prong on the back so clearly has caught on her jumper and been wrenched out.
Looking at pics it seems there is a corresponding blank that fits behind the badge inside the leather and the prongs go through both and fold over.
Taking the seat back off is easy enough but can I get to the rear of the front? I have cooled seats and it seems MB quote 2-3 hours for this job so I assume it isn't that easy.
I'm reluctant to stick it back on but sadly it might come to that.
Anyone doe this job?

Not on a Mercedes but I have removed the leather trim etc on my previous Rover 75 when I converted one to allow seat height adjustment
You say you can remove the seat back with ease so once removed it’s just a case of un doing the various clips or fastenings Mercedes use to gain access to your badge.
If Mercedes say 2 to 3 hours I would add at least an extra hour though.

Swmbo has arrived home and presented me with the drivers AMG seat badge (why do they always break things?!). It has 2 prong on the back so clearly has caught on her jumper and been wrenched out.
Looking at pics it seems there is a corresponding blank that fits behind the badge inside the leather and the prongs go through both and fold over.
Taking the seat back off is easy enough but can I get to the rear of the front? I have cooled seats and it seems MB quote 2-3 hours for this job so I assume it isn't that easy.
I'm reluctant to stick it back on but sadly it might come to that.
Anyone doe this job?
Hi did you get the seat badges fixed , I’ve got the same problem

I did. If I recall it was a case of take the seat back off and wriggle your hand under the various layers of "stuff" in the seat back to get as close to the front cover as you can. Certainly I was close enough to easily feel where I was pushing the badge back in from the front. Straighten the prongs on the badge poke it in then press the prongs closed again.
It worked well enough that it didn't come out in the next 2+ years. Car has gone now so I can't go and look but it wasn't too hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom