AMG second hand car market

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Servicing is around 350 to 550. I think most of us have service packs with the amg voucher codes which is around £40 odd a month for 3 services. I'd personally take it out when you are due a big service as you can get two bigs and a small out of it. The tyres for decent ones I'd buy online and you are looking from £600 to £800 depending on where you buy from.​

Servicing is around 350 to 550. I think most of us have service packs with the amg voucher codes which is around £40 odd a month for 3 services. I'd personally take it out when you are due a big service as you can get two bigs and a small out of it. The tyres for decent ones I'd buy online and you are looking from £600 to £800 depending on where you buy from.​
Thanks, seems like a good way to go. In dealer again today, lots of nice cars too:cool:.
Nice C63 (not S), but also like the subtle C43 with 4 wheel drive too.

Have done 8k miles in my 2017 C63s Coupe, mostly city/traffic jam commute with average speed @ 30mph and long-term mpg is 25, on a long run on cruise control get 30mpg.

Not too shabby for a 510bhp monster, and this is using Tesco bin juice and not the premium stuff - not convinced this makes a enough of a difference for the daily commute.

Not sure you've got a 32 there Chris. They were made from 01 to 04 and so couldn't be 18 years old yet, and they were all autos.

Could it be an R170 SLK 320 ?

Yeah you are right, at the time of writing I didn’t even know the difference between the two.

What do you mean by "AMG voucher codes" ?

What do you mean by "AMG voucher codes" ?
Last year AMG released a voucher code to be quoted when taking out a service contract, which was worth £150, supposedly to celebrate 50 years of AMG. I think it was AMG50 or similar. Sadly expired now.

That's a shame, never mind.
It reduced the monthly cost by less than £3 per month over th most common three year term. Nice to have but not a deal breaker, the service contract still works out cheaper for many people.

Hi all,

I am sure this topic comes up over and over.

I have listed my C63 PPP to sell with lots extras. It's a very very very low mileage C63 so it gets extra attention from people you don't want to ring you.

I am been harrased by tyres kickers with stupid offers and "so-called traders".

My question is where are the real buyers other than the ones in b**df**d/ lut** town. with there ridiculous justification about price? And utilmately is the second-hand market for AMG dead as a private seller?
so did you sell your car rocky
You'd have to give me more than that. I'd rather sell private though than a trader. I rather see it go to a good home and not a trader make some $$$ from finance deal.
I see you cashed out to a trader in the end. I dont understand all this i'd rather it go to a good home than to a greedy dealer to make money out of it then sell to a trader anyway.Does it really matter who has it as long as you get the price you think is fair.

so did you sell your car rocky

I see you cashed out to a trader in the end. I dont understand all this i'd rather it go to a good home than to a greedy dealer to make money out of it then sell to a trader anyway.Does it really matter who has it as long as you get the price you think is fair.

The private lot messed me about in the end therefore I took an offer better than them giving them the chance it was fair in the end. I waited for two week for the private lot after accepting their offers to make a decision to turn up with money. The just kept coming up with stories.

I did sell.

I had a similar experience , a lot of wasters imo, 1st person who actually came bought it & did not haggle at all!

I had a similar experience , a lot of wasters imo, 1st person who actually came bought it & did not haggle at all!

What a schmuck !

Who buys a used car without haggling ??

Well you can tell him that soon as he is on here...

Unless the advert states "no offers" then the asking price should be viewed as the starting point for negotiation.

That’s not the point though, you asked who buys a used car without haggling and I said a lot of people because from my experience of selling around 50 cars over the last 10 years or so, a lot of people are embarrassed/shy to ask or will just ask if you can knock a bit off and are happy with a £20 discount.

Edit: I do agree personally that I see the asking price as a starting point but I’d say 50% of people I’ve sold to have just paid the full asking price and not entered into any negotiation.

That’s not the point though, you asked who buys a used car without haggling and I said a lot of people because from my experience of selling around 50 cars over the last 10 years or so, a lot of people are embarrassed/shy to ask or will just ask if you can knock a bit off and are happy with a £20 discount.

Well in that case their shyness / embarrassment is likely to cost them money. There's no guarantee that a seller will budge but if you don't ask you don't get and you'd be daft not to ask.

Edit: I do agree personally that I see the asking price as a starting point but I’d say 50% of people I’ve sold to have just paid the full asking price and not entered into any negotiation.

Why do I never get people like that when I sell a car ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom