AMG split rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Niks

MB Enthusiast
Just a taster of my new alloys which will go for a full referb and have a change of tyres too. These brand new Vredestein Ultracs (which I believe arent made anymore) will be up for sale later on.

5850089078_41dc8cb332_o.jpg

5849536425_80e42f1861_o.jpg

Thanks!

Where did you get your AMG boot badge ?????????????

Very nice ...

Look very wide on the rear , are they proud of the arches ?

I got that badge from Japan.

Yes, they do stick out quite a bit but thats only because of the tyres, when I get the right tyres they will fit nicely and look awesome!

Looking good, would look even better if you lowered it a tad :devil::thumb:

Yep thats all going to happen soon... also the AMG bodykit is going to go on too :)

How far proud are they ?

Will swapping the tyres be enough to pass an MOT ?

What is the offset of the wheels ?

What size are they Niks? I think I prefer them to your others, just a bit more butch.

The rears stick out 2 inches from the wheel arch line and about 1 inch from the front. My garage passed my MOT with the EVO II alloys on but I know he wont with these, so i'll put the EVO's or 8-hole ones back on when MOT time comes. Offsets are ET17 and ET18.

Charles, the fronts are 17x8.5J with 235/45/17 rubbers and the rears are 17x10J with 255/40/17 rubbers. There isnt any rubbing going on right now but I can feel they are slightly more heavier than the EVO II alloys, you can feel the slight difference when accelerating. I definately prefer these compared to the EVO II ones.

The Ceginus/EVO2 are ridiculously light for what they are, I have them on my SL.

However, at some point I'm probably going to end up swapping to a set of 3pc's to match the rest of the project.

Niks:Why not put a pic of the rear arch taken from the side so we can see how much does it stick out?Also,what size tyres are you going to get?

I'll take a pic soon dash, but remember these tyres are going to come off anyway so it wont give a true rep of how much the actual alloys stick out by. Im not sure what tyres and sizes im going to be getting yet.. still have to research into it but they will be stretched.

I'll take a pic soon dash, but remember these tyres are going to come off anyway so it wont give a true rep of how much the actual alloys stick out by. Im not sure what tyres and sizes im going to be getting yet.. still have to research into it but they will be stretched.

Hi

Tyres are not going to make a difference on how mouch the alloy (specially the rear) sticks out.

you are pushing the "off set" to the limit right there..check your wheel bearings regularly.

nice wheels though!!

mazza

Hey mazza! I need to talk to that guy with the white 124 cab who had the same wheels on to see what he did to make them fit. Lets see how this turns out!

you could have them remachined....

Hey mazza! I need to talk to that guy with the white 124 cab who had the same wheels on to see what he did to make them fit. Lets see how this turns out!

Niks, you could always have the hub re-machined to a higher offset. Cost shouldn't be too high either. HTH

P.S I was quoted approx 50 quid to have 4 wheels machined to a higher offset a little while back.

Last edited:
If you have split rims , you can buy new rims to bolt onto the inner faces i beleive to alter the offset.

If they are proud of the arches by 2 inches , even swapping them off for the MOT , you will get pulled and a prohibition notice because it isn't going to be slightly sticking out , it will be like the old carlos fandango advert.

[YOUTUBE]nqqZ28m8uCo[/YOUTUBE]

If they stick out two inches then I dont think you'll be able to use the wheels without some serious modding to the arches.

One speedbump later and you'll wreck the car.

I think talbir unscrews the centres and then fits new outer rims as Howard has already said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom