AMG Sports suspension - more comfort ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve1

Car
Mercedes C220cdi AMG Sport estate
I drive a 2011 C220 CDi AMG Sport estate. I love everything about the car except the ride quality , which is overly firm on our wonderful UK roads. Is there anything I could do to improve the ride quality ? For instance - would changing to a different wheel/tyre combo, with higher profile tyres make any noticable difference ? Or is it possible to perhaps alter the spring or damper settings , with a bias more towards comfort ?
I would like to keep this car long-term , however if I cannot improve the ride quality somehow I may reluctantly have to trade-it-in. Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated ( please note- this is my very first post on any forum ever ! So apologies if I haven't quite got the format right yet .... ) Many thanks

Welcome to the forum. the issue is very common. I bought an elegance spec for just that reason. Read here for mine and knighterrants experiences. http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/158509-1-year-review.html

It may be possible to change the shocks for normal but you you'd probably lose any switchable settings. Alternatively you could look to either change the seats for non sport ones or see D Class about making them more comfy. HTH.
Edit. Or buy an Elegance which features proper suspension.

Many thanks for the reply ( my first ! ). Have read thru your previous-experience link as-well .V interesting..

Maybe the only answer is to change to an Elegance model as you mention.. Shame , as my current car looks great & is ideal for me in every other aspect

ls airmatic available for C class? Works a treat on my AMG sport CLS shooting brake. The combination of stiff springs and 19" wheels on a test car was enough to convince me that airmatic was an essential upgrade.

more to this, discovered the joys of the airmatic raise function as had to go down a potholed track, made a lot of difference. slow speed of course.

Airmatic not available on the W204 C class in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom